• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Dreams

StevenPeece

Inactive
Reaction score
As a child my father wasn't around when I needed him, but during the time of my courtmartial ( in my first book) he came to me in a dream and told me I would be found not guilty. Later the next day I was acquitted. A few years later I suffered a severe head injury and he came into my dreams again (in my 2nd Book). Those are the only times I've ever dreampt about him but it looks like he was there in my time of need after all.

A couple of weeks ago I dreampt about big MAC McLemon. He was a former marine and a friend of mine and I was saddened to hear he had passed away a few years ago. MAC was a black belt in a martial art, but I don't know which one. During the dream he told me it was the same art that I train in and he came to train with me. He was a top guy and it was nice to see him, even if only in a dream.

Strange things dreams arn't they.

Sometimes I wonder if we just dream what's on our minds.

Regards

Steve

You children can get back to the swing set and act like idiots there. If you don't like it, don't read it..............or just leave. What a bunch of twits. Your knocking on what someone believes in, and that's not your right. If you don't think what he's saying is possible, a constructive rebut is what's called for, not your moronic babbling.

Ahhh, just looked at the profiles. Now it makes sense. ::)

Rationally,  I think that what's in ours dreams is what's in
our brain, either know or unknown....

But because my parents died  more then 15 years ago,
and I dream about them maybe once every 5 years, I hope
that's not the case.

But synchronicity (coincidences that seem to have purpose)
is another mather uin my mind and beliefs ;D

I heard once that all of the characters in a dream are actually different facets of ourselves.  Since then, when I have a strange dream (I seem to dream in big budget action movie genre from time to time) I try to think about who was in it, and how that translates into some aspect of myself. 

It is also fun to try to get into lucid dreaming.  The idea being at such time as you are somewhat aware that you are in a dream, you try to ease your conscious mind into working with the subconscious one, and thus be able to direct your dreams.  I usually end up waking up, but I got close a couple of times to actually keeping one going.

StevenPreece said:
Strange things dreams arn't they.

Sometimes I wonder if we just dream what's on our minds.

I think dreams can be much more than that.  I dreamed my mother's death the night it happened, at the time it happend.  When I say I dreamed it, I mean I actually felt like I was wide awake and dying.  It was very difficult to sit up in bed, but I did, and when I stood up the feeling vanished completely. The girlfriend asked what was wrong and I said 'I don't know that was weird, it felt like I was dying'.  The next day my dad called to tell me that my mother had died the night before.  Autopsy results as to cause of death and time of death were consistent with the feeling I had and the time i woke up.

StevenPreece, I know where you're coming from.  My father died a year before I joined the forces.  By some fluke, the grad parade of my DP1 course fell on the exact day my dad passed away.  I had a dream the night before the parade.  He was on his bed in the ICU of the Jewish General Hospital in Mtl (where he was when he died) and he said he was proud of me.  It was my first, and only such experience, and until now, I never mentioned it to anyone.

I never used to be able to remember my dreams but then I started writing them down whenever I had a dream and remembered it and this seemed to help a lot.  Looking back at some of them can be kinda creepy when I compare them to what has happened since. Once I had one dream and it was just pretty random the whole way through but then at the end someone I know held up a sign with a bunch of numbers and symbols on it.
Think it went something like this:
I+I=I
II+I=I
For some reason when I saw the sign the thought popped into my head " What will be will be".
There's a whole lot of background to explain the significance of this and so on but that little blurb has been one of the best pieces of advice I have ever had.

recceguy said:
If you don't think what he's saying is possible, a constructive rebut is what's called for, not your moronic babbling.

You want us to discuss religion/spirituality in a politically correct way?  That would never work.
We may be somewhat insensitive, but we are not stupid.

exsemjingo said:
You want us to discuss religion/spirituality in a politically correct way?  That would never work.
Others don't seem to be having trouble discussing it in a polite, civilized manner. If you've got nothing but disparaging remarks, keep them to yourself. Leave the thread alone and take it to PM's if you have a problem.

exsemjingo said:

Contrary to what you appear to believe, you are not obliged to comment on every thread at your whim.  There is a time and a place for everything and this thread is neither the time nor the place for your opinion. 

Perhaps you have heard that discretion is the greater part of valour.

edited to add:  sorry recceguy looks like you beat me to the punch.

Yrys talks about synchronicity, and a lot of the dreaming here seems to relate to the dead.

I never dream, or at least I don't remember them, sometimes I wish I did.

But I have had these really interesting synchronicities over the years, and strangely all tied to a death.

About twenty five years ago my grandfather died. Forty years in the mines of Cape Breton and two world wars were finely catching up to him.  I was working for Rogers Cable in north west Toronto, I was on San Romano Way (Jane Finch) looking for an address, all of a sudden this big twelve point buck up and charges across the road, right in front of me and bashes into one of the chain link fences, stone dead. That was about the time my grandfather died.

When my father died seven years ago I had another strange experience. The old boy had had a bad stroke and couldn't talk. I was at Pet and rushed off to see him at Sudbury. We stayed with him as he died. He never was able to converse with us. For weeks afterwards I would wake up in the middle of the night, like as if he was shouting at me, several times I sat bolt upright, wide awake and answered him. I swear to this day he was in that room!

When my mother died three years ago I recall driving back on 26 highway to Meaford on a beautiful clear morning. I had just returned from her memorial in Ottawa. All of a sudden across the Beaver Valley this massive comet or meteor or something rolled across the sky. I mean this was a fireball, just hanging in the air, it seemed to be right there yet moving at 200 ktas. Absolute silence.

When my son was killed with his girlfriend three years ago (yeh 2003 was a baaaaddddd year!) it was tough. I couldn't sleep for days. Finally after the memorials I fell asleep. Beautiful September night, the zephyr blowing through the trees, I slept, until again, in the middle of a still clear night two incredible thunder bolts. I don't mean lightning, I mean spontaneous thunderbolts, again woken from a dead sleep. First one woke me up stone cold, I looked out the window, no clouds, no rain, no wind, bang, second one, no light just bang, and I mean rattle-the-windows bang!

I have no idea what these things meant, and I shite you not. I have no background 'this is God's message' here. Of course deer in the creek beds of Tronna in August are not unheard of, the grieving sometimes note that they are awakened by the voices of the dead, meteors happen and thunderbolts do occur. But it's sort of a funny thing eh? In all my travels I've never had a deer run out in front of me except for that day (and at Jane Finch no less!), I still can't recall a dream since my dad died, I've never seen a comet like that before or since and many people don't believe me when I explain it and I've never heard a thunderbolt since.

Anyway, Steven Preece, you asked for it so there is another experience. Wierdo post of the day.

I keep an open mind.  When I first delved into the world of the ninja I thought a lot of things were hocus pocus.  However, the deeper I've looked the more I've learnt and the more doors of knowledge keep opening.

My open mind means that I look at all things from all angles.  Our experiences in life may be similar or very different.  But truly, at times, very interesting.

Don't you agree?

Regards

Steve

When my husband and I were dating he lived on base. Every weekend when I went to see him I always had a reoccurring dream. We had a routine every Friday night of doing our shopping for the weekend.
In my dream we are pulling back onto base after shopping and the roads are crowded with HLVW's,MLVW's  uniformed solders and very upset spouses. In my dreams apparently an emergency has been called and everyone is pulled on duty and going overseas."I now know it doesn't really happen like that" I use to wake up bawling and crying. My husband figured it was a deep seeded fear I had of him having to leave. After awhile he got wise and would pet my back and say I'm here Hun and I would calm right down.
Since that time he has retired and he moved to my home town the dreams have gone away

Okay, maybe I should cool off.  But there is one thing I would like to clarify.
Are we talking about having significant dreams about people we love, or about the dead visiting us in dream form?
The second case means that it is not a dream at all, but rather the vision is produced by a spirit entering the dreamer's mind. (!)
If I read the topic right, there are a few implications worth challenging.

Well, someday soon I'll be taking beliefs with me to war that just won't allow that.  My Christianity says once someone is dead, they do not come back or communicate with the living.  There was a time when this was not taught, and it caused problems ie) the historical 'cult of the saints' and whatnot.
I hope you have researched what you have come to believe well, because too many people I've encountered make spiritual decisions carelessly.
I do not know your background, and I do not want to get into a big argument, but I can predict the way some will react to your original post.  They'll consider what you've presented nonchalantly, continue in their religious ignorance, and then one day they'll realize how near death may be, and loose their resolve.
I take this stuff seriously.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your beliefs, and put what you've suggested about dreams into better context.

exsemjingo said:
Well, someday soon I'll be taking beliefs with me to war that just won't allow that.  My Christianity says once someone is dead, they do not come back or communicate with the living. 

Boy, Jesus is gonna be pissed at you.  No Easter eggs for you, mister! 

Back