• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DAG'ing (red, green, res vs reg - merged)

• Thread starter Thread starter B.D.
  • Start date Start date
B

B.D.

What exactly is a Unit D.A.G.?
The Black Watch here in Montreal is having one tomorrow and I (recruit) have been asked to attend.
Also it is supposed to be an all day event but I did not have enough time to reschedule my civvy job around it. Would I be allowed to leave early ? ???

Cheers,

B.D. said:
What exactly is a Unit D.A.G.?

A Departure Assistence Group

This is just a way to verify all you pers info. IE do you have a set of ID discs/card, 404 upto date. just the admin stuff.

To answer you second question probaly it will depend on you section comamander.

Thanks TR! appreciate the reply

Is it pretty much SOP to not have much notice for these types of things ?

As a recruit who has not done BMQ yet-who would I report to ?

I seem to be not in the loop at the moment

jUST SHOW UP SOME ONE WILL TAKE RESPOSIBILITY FOR YOU.

The reason for you getting short notice is as you staded you are pretty new and no one knows you. Once you are in completely you will be aware of things in advance. It's the start of the traning year and bug are getting worked out.

I had asked a question regarding how possible it is to get a tou/posted overseas etc when in the army. and the response i was given below.

I was wondering if someone can define 'DAG Green'. I assume that this means 'Make the effort?'

Can anyone clarify.

If you join either infantry or armour, you will get posted to a unit after your training.  It may be the unit of your choice, or it may be where the Army needs you most. So, here's the formula:

A.  If you start now, and estimate a year for recruiting and six months for training
G.  And you "DAG Green" all the way through the pre-deployment training cycle.

DAG = "Departure Assistance Group", but the term's come to mean more than that.

If you "DAG Green", you've completed all predeployment training, have medical and dental checks completed, have sorted out your personal administration (wills, IDs, ident disks, 404s, etc.) and are qualified for the position for which you've been tasked.

You only start to "DAG" once you've been identified against a specific position and have the approval of the chain of command to begin the deployment process.  Some units conduct some of this activity on an annual basis to get a jump on things.

Nema problema...

I could add that if you "DAG Red", then a reason has been discovered to take you off the deployment (medical, training failure, etc.).  "DAG Yellow" means that you still have requirements to complete, but are still heading towards "DAG Green" once everything is done.

In preparation to apply for a tour, we've been told about the difficulties involved in DAGging green. Where can I find a checklist of what it takes to DAG green?

The Librarian said:
Do you currently have access to EMAA?

Judging by the fact that I don't even know what that acronym stands for-- no, I don't believe I do.

Check with your units orderly room, they should have Operational readiness verification (ORV) sheets, which is what your actually looking for.

A simplified version:

1.  You must be Medically fit - no medical problems that may preclude you from going.

2.  Dental - you must have no dental problems that may preclude you from going.

3.  PMED - your shots must be up to date, or easily done.

4.  Financial - you should have no financial problems that may preclude you going.  You have all your finaces and bills taken care of.

5.  Administrative - you should have no administrative problems that would preclude you going, and your Will must be up to date.  Also ID, Passport photos, etc. must be good to go.

6.  Security Clearance - you have the proper clearances for your job.

7.  404's - you must have valid 404's.

8. Padre - you must have no problems at home that may preclude your going.   (ie. Spousal problems, pregnancy due, Caregiver problems, etc.)

That covers most, but not all.   All common sense socio-economic things that have to be done before you go.

Just came back from my Medical part 1 at NDMC. I was told that, as a Class A reservist, they're not allowed to give me the immunizations I require-- even though I'm going to be Class C starting in Jan. Will this affect my ability to DAG green? Can I just get it done in Pet?

Is there some sort of form I am supposed to be bringing around with me to get people to sign it? The social worker implied that there was one, but the people who staff my BOR are unaware of any sort of form.

The people in my BOR gave me a form and told me to get a civilian dentist to clear me for DAG. Other people have said you need to go to a military dentist. What's the real deal?

Talk to your immediate supervisor who should be able to get the answers to your questions

And mention the CFARV Form and DDIO Chap 12 Section 6 Annex K Appendix 1.

As I "assume" you will be part of Roto 6, wouldn't hurt to go through the relevant docs found at this DIN Link: http://lfdts.army.mil.ca/G3/ji-ir/default_e.asp

My guess is they will give you needles only once you are Class C, not when you think or expect to be.

Check with your Ops/Trg/Tasking guys too.  Many times (in my experience) this info and related forms are on the CFTPO.

Good luck with your tasking - stay safe.

Back