• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CEOTP (Continuing Ed Officer Trg Plan) 2003-2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the CFRC with Wynne today, as she did some papers, and as I was waiting, someone was trying to recruit me. (But since Ive already applied to P.res it didnt work) but we got talking, and I said I was part time in University, he mentioned something about CEOTP. But I am wondering if it is possible to switch from NCM to CEOTP will having a GED (high school equivalency...not a OSSD) Is it? I'm not sworn in yet as a NCM, but am accepted according to the recruiter. So is it possible, or does the lack of a OSSD preclude it?

rz350 said:
I was at the CFRC with Wynne today, as she did some papers, and as I was waiting, someone was trying to recruit me. (But since Ive already applied to P.res it didnt work) but we got talking, and I said I was part time in University, he mentioned something about CEOTP. But I am wondering if it is possible to switch from NCM to CEOTP will having a GED (high school equivalency...not a OSSD) Is it? I'm not sworn in yet as a NCM, but am accepted according to the recruiter. So is it possible, or does the lack of a OSSD preclude it?

You need a OSSD with French or English 12U, Math 12U, and Chem 11U or 12U or Physics 11U or 12U.

alright, thanks for the quick answer. NCM for me it is then. :p At least until I graduate Uni anyways.

Leo791989 said:
Is their CEOTP for non pilot professions?

Hmmm I believe there are a couple of threads that could have answered that question.

DA

I have a reasonable question.  How come there is 4 pay grades for OCdt in CEOTP?  My understanding of the program was they commissioned you before you had a degree as long as it was completed in your first contract.  So assuming this is correct, wouldn't most people complete BOTP within a few months effectively making them a 2Lt and therefore entitled to 2Lt pay?  I would really like a current and correct answer on this because I have no idea why there are four pay scales for OCdt.

My understanding of the program was they commissioned you before you had a degree as long as it was completed in your first contract.  So assuming this is correct, wouldn't most people complete BOTP within a few months effectively making them a 2Lt and therefore entitled to 2Lt pay?

Wow that was so succinctly written, not.  There are four incentives for OCdt under CEOTP because it could take you four years to be occupational qualified which is the prerequisite for promotion to 2Lt not passing IAP/BOTP.  DEOs are promoted to 2Lt upon completion of IAP/BOTP not CEOTPs.

HH

kincanucks;

I know we chatted briefly about this via PM:

Does this mean that essentially, a CEOTPer is like ROTP when they hit their first trained unit?  I mean, a DEO will have ~1-4 years of time in grade at 2Lt and thus would be more or less promotable to LT right away, would they not, as compared to a CEOTP or an ROTP who would have no time in grade at 2LT?  Or am I just rambling off nonsense?

Whats the requirement for promotion to full Lt from 2Lt?

Ive heard from a few people (none official) that 2Lt is retrograded to 9 months after your enrollment date (assuming you complete MOC qualifications), which would give you similar time-in-grade to DEO plus the obvious financial investment... CFRCs are reluctant to confirm or deny...

A CEOTP enrolee is a CEOTP enrolee and is not like anything else.

Whats the requirement for promotion to full Lt from 2Lt?

A minimum of two years in rank and CO's recommendation for CEOTP and DEO.  Thus DEO is promoted to LT faster than CEOTP.

Ive heard from a few people (none official) that 2Lt is retrograded to 9 months after your enrollment date (assuming you complete MOC qualifications), which would give you similar time-in-grade to DEO plus the obvious financial investment... CFRCs are reluctant to confirm or deny...
Never heard of this.

My advice, for what it is worth, is if you are already past the point of medicals, PT test and interview etc. and are just waiting for the phone to ring, I would suggest that you wait until you have your offer in hands before you try and guess or understand how your are going to be commissioned/compensated in terms of CEOTP.

To give you an example, as I was going through the process last year and I met a lot of both current and former CEOTP'ers who were accepted in '04. A year and half after St.Jean, these OCDT's were close to or were just entering primary flight training around April of last year SO - they still had a long road ahead of them as OCDT's before they earned their wings and moved up the ranks. What got me was that some of the current CEOTP'ers, a rare few mind you, had been commissioned to 2nd LT after IAP/BOTC... again, things may have changed (I doubt it) but again - if you are just waiting for the phone to ring, wait until you review AND discuss your offer with the staff before you start to panic.

Thanks Kincanucks, as always.

MikeG:

The thing of it is, I will not submit an application (and thus waste the time of the CFRG) until I know what I will be compensated and when. This is part of the recruiting problem in my view; if you can't tell people what they will be making and when they will be making it, you will lose quality people.  My best friend enrolled as DEO, and they couldn't tell him what and when he would be paid until he arrived at St Jean. Even there, their pay was delayed, and several people were mis-paid.

Before anyone jumps on me for joining for the wrong reasons; I will invariably lose out on cash by leaving my civilian employment to go to the forces, whether it is DEO or CEOTP or any other enrollment plan other than Pilot, lawyer or doctor, and Im not qualified for any of the three anyway.  I am not joining the forces for money.  If I had positive net-worth, Id join for next to nothing. But I don't.

Im just all about ensuring that I can meet financial obligations for the long haul...  a year at a low rate of pay is one thing; 3 years at a low rate of pay with a longer period of wait time to get to Captain (and thus get similar pay to what I make now), is something I would like to consider before submitting an application.

I have an excellent credit rating, and am not interested in losing it, nor am I interested in becoming an admin burden to anyone.
It just makes it harder for me to complete a degree as well while working full time for an employer who is less than accomodating, and where the tuition eats up my ability to repay debt. at a faster rate.

Short story:  I want in, -badly-, but I'm not going to re-enroll half-cocked, hoping I can get some good information at some point and everything will fall in line.  As people on here have said many times before; the army will always be there.

I hear that the airforce has opened this up again?  Has anyone else?  Is it a good way to go, and how long is your commitment through the CEOTP, wings plus 7 years?
Thanks!

Hey Avro

I applied through CEOTP last february, i think it's still open, because of the expansion policy right now. I haven t finished my degree so it was a good way for me but your pay is gonna be less than DEO until you get your wings ,so if you have dependants it's hard. your commitment is long i think 12 years of service with 3 years education time at least thats what they told me so around 15 years , definately not 7 yrs. Call your RCentre and ask them more. It is a good plan but It depends on your situation.. hope this helps

I just finished my undergraduate degree in English and Mathematics. I can imagine that it wouldn't be no cake-walk to do it while you're in the CF. It will probably be easier to apply through the RMC, ROTP or DEO programs. If you go CEOTP, maybe do a year or two of university to make it easier on yourself... besides the application process usually takes about a year, so you could apply for CEOTP and do university courses while you wait.

I'm already in second year college now, so it works out well.  If I applied now, according to you, I will have 3 years under my belt when and if accepted.  How would that affect how I did my education in between military training?

Are you in college or university? The Air Force accepts applicants who've done a college aviation program, but it might be different for other college programs. If you have college training, I know that you can get university transfer credits.

If you haven't applied now... do it. That's the best advice I can give if you want to fly in the CF. Myself, I applied almost a year ago, but I'm still waiting for my past medical documents because I served in the reserves and did a stint at RMC. The recruiting centre is very helpful, and I think applying soon will be your best bet towards being a future CF pilot.

yes, this april I will have completed my Commercial Aviation Diploma.  You said they accept this?  I thought you must have a degree?

Hey Avro

which college are you graduating from? I'd advice you to talk the rec centre, they know the best but you can ask couple of officers there, with a recognized aviation degree you can skip ACS. anyways hope the best for you, take care

thx, ill ask...I should be talkin to a recruiter this thursday.  Its actually not a degree, just a diploma (although ill prob due the extra 2 years for the BBA).  And what is ACS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back