• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cenotaph/Memorial Vandalism/Solutions-Laws (merged)

Let's see what the snitch line brings in.
If they're military... we can look after our own once pointed in right direction
If they're short & long haired students living in the NCA, show em the error of their ways

One aspect of this thread we haven't explored is the lack of public washrooms in that area of Ottawa. Yes there were bluerockets set up there during Canada Day but they were used all day by 25,000 people and the other public washrooms located by the West block under the statue of Queen Victoria were closed off due to security.

So my question is:
Does anyone know of any other public restrooms located in that particular busy part of Downtown Ottawa?

career_radio-checker said:
One aspect of this thread we haven't explored is the lack of public washrooms in that area of Ottawa. Yes there were bluerockets set up there during Canada Day but they were used all day by 25,000 people and the other public washrooms located by the West block under the statue of Queen Victoria were closed off due to security.

So my question is:
Does anyone know of any other public restrooms located in that particular busy part of Downtown Ottawa?

There are a couple of 4-star hotels kittycorner to the monument....:-)

There are also back alleys and, as pointed out, 'bushes" in the vicinity if someone really couldn't hold it.  If you're brazen enough to go on a public monument, you're brazen enough to go anywhere...so that argument doesn't hold water. (Is that a pun?)

I can think of one Pub in particular right across the street from the Memorial that has a washroom.

(there's also a canal running across the City)

The person that I thought was a suspect from my previous post.....nope, not him.

They look EXTREEMLY similar....but he was in Winsor all weekend long. Got back early this morning.

The hunt goes on I guess.

Regards

big bad john said:
I can think of one Pub in particular right across the street from the Memorial that has a washroom.

My question was specifically related to Public washrooms. And as for bushes within the area... they don't provide the greatest privacy or toilet paper for 'droping the kids off at the pool'

regardless of the availability of public toilets, there is no excuse for pissing in public, let alone on a public monument.

My question was specifically related to Public washrooms. And as for bushes within the area... they don't provide the greatest privacy or toilet paper for 'droping the kids off at the pool'

And the national war monument does??

I'm going to say this once:

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR PISSING ON THE NATIONAL WAR MEMORIAL / GRAVE OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER!

I hope they find the bastards that did it and throw the book at them.      >:(

Regards

I was on the Guard for his repatriation. May be the only time I never cussed at wearing that quilted scarlet tunic and spiked helmet. It's still one of my proudest memories. This...this sickens me.

http://www.achannel.ca/ottawa/news.aspx

A Channel Ottawa poll....Should there be guards posted at the National War Memorial?

Lower right corner.

Regards

Recce By Death said:
http://www.achannel.ca/ottawa/news.aspx

A Channel Ottawa poll....Should there be guards posted at the National War Memorial?

Lower right corner.

Regards

Wow...but it also doesn't specify what kind of guards

Well.  Keep your eyes on this site.  They are going to post the photos soon.  They believe the three may have been from Montreal. 

http://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/index.cfm

One aspect of this thread we haven't explored is the lack of public washrooms in that area of Ottawa. ......

So my question is:

How about their parents front lawn!

dileas

tess

My TP WO said it best today,everyone from 2 cmbg should rent a honey bee truck,take turns till its filled up and fill the bastards house.

There is a report that the fela waving to the camera is from Montreal.
A Montreal WWII Vet has offered a 1000$ reward for info leading to the arrest.

Excerpted from a story in today's Ottawa Sun:

The public, however, is getting the jump on politicians and officials.

Don Dawson put on a Maple Leaf-red sweater and draped a Royal Canadian Legion flag over his shoulder to stand guard at the site.

"I got up this morning and asked myself what I could do about this and I decided to come here out of respect for all the soldiers who died fighting for the freedom of Canada," said Dawson, who is unemployed.

Dave MacNaughton, 54, has asked local newspapers to publish an ad calling for volunteers to patrol the site. The retired military man from the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery said he hopes people will sign up to pressure authorities to bring in a security presence.

As with the vet in Geo's report above, these guys are the proverbial heroes who rise to the occasion.  G-D bless them.

geo said:
There is a report that the fela waving to the camera is from Montreal.
A Montreal WWII Vet has offered a 1000$ reward for info leading to the arrest.
God Bless him...it's pretty bad when the vets have to pay out of pocket for respect that has been earned and ought to be given  :salute:

HL

The public, however, is getting the jump on politicians and officials.

Don Dawson put on a Maple Leaf-red sweater and draped a Royal Canadian Legion flag over his shoulder to stand guard at the site.

"I got up this morning and asked myself what I could do about this and I decided to come here out of respect for all the soldiers who died fighting for the freedom of Canada," said Dawson, who is unemployed.

Dave MacNaughton, 54, has asked local newspapers to publish an ad calling for volunteers to patrol the site. The retired military man from the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery said he hopes people will sign up to pressure authorities to bring in a security presence.

So to protect the memorial from desecration, he chooses to desecrate the flag instead??