• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CBS "The Unit"

RetiredRoyal

Inactive
Reaction score
I finally took in an episode a couple weeks ago, liked it so much I downloaded season 1 and 2.

They sure have nice PMQ's...almost as nice as the one I had in Summerside, PEI....NOT!!!!...

I watched both seasons on pirated DVDs when I was in Iraq. I rated it very well, and look forward to more of it, as it has been picked up in Australai, but who knows when it will be on.

This is probably the only TV show that I watch religiously. I have both Seasons on the computer, and watch them all the time. It's about time they brought in a military show with an actually storyline that you can follow from season to season.

I had started watching season 2 first..but stopped once season one had finished downloading....very very dissapointed that the Col turned out to be what the yanks like to call "Jody".

Still a good show..it's keeping me up at night. I like the fact they bring to light some real situations too, poverty in the ranks, contractors getting the money from downsizing to scavenge through the ranks and pay more etc. I had a student last year who did 6 yrs in th US army, 2 tours of Iraq. Parents were from the UAE and moved to the states before he was born. He was telling me that lots of the troops had wives at home going for food handouts and all that. Crying shame...happened with our military too, but I'm sure that's in another thread somewhere....

NCIS. Another fantastic show. The guys I work with still get "Dinozzo'ed" (slap in the back of the head) whenever they do or say something stupid.

Never watched NCIS before. The other show is Jericho if you wanted to know.  ;)

Wesley  Down Under said:
I watched both seasons on pirated DVDs when I was in Iraq. I rated it very well, and look forward to more of it, as it has been picked up in Australai, but who knows when it will be on.

It's been on channel 7 for a long time.
They had screened pretty much the entire first season before i joined the puss in January.

RetiredRoyal said:
very very dissapointed that the Col turned out to be what the yanks like to call "Jody". 

I havent heard that one before - what's it mean?

I just finished watching the last episode of season 2...a couple episodes were a little too Macgyver for me, but it's hollywood, right? A few times I was waiting for Chuck Norris to cameo as the lead of Delta Force...lol.

GreyMatter said:
I havent heard that one before - what's it mean?

Jodie is the guy at home chasing your girl. Generic name.....

got this off a wiki...

"The mythical Jodie refers to a civilian who remains at home instead of joining the military service. Jodie is often presumed to be medically unfit for service, a 4F in World War II parlance. Jodie also lacks the desirable attributes of military men. He is neither brave nor squared-away. As Jodie calls often point out with ironic humor, Jodie will take advantage of your girlfriend in your absence."

Is there an elitist element to this as well?  I.e., if you're not "one of us" then you're a Jody?

Back