• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

halifax sailor said:
Not sure why they said to anyone that its in the pile etc.....

anyone else have any info to add?

The "pile" I am referring to is the one in my Base OR that never had to be "processed" off base (i.e. Ottawa). And I know there is a large "pile" of 50% or less files. Make sense now? Before the obvious is pointed out to me, I know that even the 50% or less still had to go to Ottawa, but not for vetting. They all came back good (well, most...)...

Trenton paid out "all' 50% last month. One of my guys sent an email inquiry as to whether or not his file had made it. He applied on day one in December. The team's reply was polite and stated that his file arrived at "end April" and they are currently working on January files. Obviously Trenton sat on them and sent in one batch. :facepalm:

I was quite impressed with the nice reply he received.

AirDet said:
Trenton paid out "all' 50% last month. One of my guys sent an email inquiry as to whether or not his file had made it. He applied on day one in December. The team's reply was polite and stated that his file arrived at "end April" and they are currently working on January files. Obviously Trenton sat on them and sent in one batch. :facepalm:

I was quite impressed with the nice reply he received.

The process with regards to the submission of applications for PiL was delegated to local URS's.  So if they "chose" to squirrel away the applications and send in bulk at a later date, then now your paying for that decision......

While I personally don't agree with that process I can see the benefit on a large base. Getting thru a thousand or more applications with a small staff could be a pain. Not spending time packaging and submitting would mean getting thru the stack a little quicker.

It just sucks for those who had their collective crap together though.

Bin Rat - i thought you meant in Ottawa that it was in the pile!

Sheep Dog - No, didnt get jacked up, was a professional email with proper signature block, no where does it say you cannot send an email asking questions, the canforgen just states that they wont tell you about your file. And if i was about to be "JACKED UP" I had a back up plan to follow!

100 per cent Bin RAT? did you do the rrsp thing? or did they take tax? if so approx what per cent? sorry for the questions! and where are you working? lol

never mind, i just read up, your a 50 percenter! lol

Can someone who already received their %100 indicate how much taxes were taken away from their payment, thanks.

I was getting $21,00 before tax, almost $13,000 after tax

This is the repsonse I recieved from the PIL team:

Good Afternoon,

Wow - it is comments such as the one you just provided that makes this job so worthwhile.  We have received over 43,000 files to date and sometimes this task seems a little overwhelming.

I will pass your words of appreciation and gratitude to my entire team and I can say in advance how much they will appreciate it.

Unfortunately I am unable to provide sit reps to individuals, I can tell you that we are auditing files based on the date they were received in our office.  We are currently reviewing files that were sent to us in early February.

Hopefully you receive your file soon.

Again thank you for your kind words.

Thank you,

Sheep Dog, thanks for posting the email.  It is good to know that they are working on February.  I submitted mine in January and still no sign yet.  Looks like I will have to drop by the orderly room and see if I can get any info.

Mine was submitted back in December, I guess it depends when my unit sent it to the PIL Team anyway, I was told 2 weeks ago by them (PIL) my payment could take up to another year, I'm just hoping they gave me that time line in order to make me happy if it comes early ?? I'm in Ottawa.

I did ask my OR a few weeks ago and they told me they had nothing to do with the PIL. Apparently by submitting your paperwork it should of made it directly to the PIL Team, I might be wrong on this.

halifax sailor said:
Hi, what was it that you said to them? am wondering, when they are done reviewing/auditing a file, what happens next? does it go back the unit? mine was emailed as per instructions 18 Jan 13. So now they say they are looking at files in early feb, so really, mine should be back by now you would think! right? wonder which method they use to send them back to the units?!

Capitalization, grammar and punctuation are a requirement on this site. Please start following the guidelines by using them. It will make your posts much more comfortable for the readers. Thanks.

---Staff---

vandoos283 said:
Can someone who already received their %100 indicate how much taxes were taken away from their payment, thanks.

About 40%.

This is what I received from the PIL Team:
Good day.
We have conducted initial verification, and have calculated that you have xx.xx yrs of qualifying service for a total gross amount of $xxxxx.xx
Your file will now be sent to DMCA 4 - PIL TEAM for final verification prior to payment. We will notify you when your file is returned from DMCA 4 - PIL TEAM to inform you we will be processing payment.''
Following this email, I asked them how long the process could take from now on, I was told up to a year. Here's my question and hopefully someone can answer it. Can someone indicate how long it took them to receive their $$$, after their file was sent to DMCA $ for final verification (I'm a 100%), thank you.

vandoos283 said:
This is what I received from the PIL Team:
Good day.
We have conducted initial verification, and have calculated that you have xx.xx yrs of qualifying service for a total gross amount of $xxxxx.xx
Your file will now be sent to DMCA 4 - PIL TEAM for final verification prior to payment. We will notify you when your file is returned from DMCA 4 - PIL TEAM to inform you we will be processing payment.''
Following this email, I asked them how long the process could take from now on, I was told up to a year. Here's my question and hopefully someone can answer it. Can someone indicate how long it took them to receive their $$$, after their file was sent to DMCA $ for final verification (I'm a 100%), thank you.

As I've posted: December 2012: applied for 100%
15 April: Received payment

Back