• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadians attacked west of Kandahar; no injuries

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
Canadians attacked west of Kandahar; no injuries
Updated Sun. Jul. 30 2006 12:36 PM ET  Canadian Press
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060729/afghanistan_mission_060730/20060730?hub=TopStories

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- Canadian soldiers came under attack today west of Kandahar.

The attack took place close to where Canada's combat troops have encountered heavy fighting with Taliban forces over the past few weeks.

Insurgents launched a mortar round at the Canadians in an area known as Forward Operating Base Wilson.

No one was injured in the attack.

The base is where many of the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry's B Company have been stationed.

In the past few days, they have faced numerous rocket and other attacks near southern Afghanistan's infamous Highway One, in an area known as ambush alley.

Good to hear that none of our soldiers were hurt. 

Glad to hear no one was hurt... Boys almost home. Keep your head down.

Hey Military Granny.. did you check out the pick. He is a celebrity.

In addition there is this little tidbit from the Globe & Mail

No return to strict peacekeeping with NATO command in Afghanistan
Canadian Press  Globe & Mail 30 July 2006
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060730.wnato0730/BNStory/International/home

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — The way Canadian soldiers operate in southern Afghanistan under NATO won't differ from how they're working under Operation Enduring Freedom, Canadian military officials said.

NATO will take over command of security operations in areas surrounding Kandahar this week from the U.S.-led coalition.

In the past, Canadians operating under the NATO umbrella in Afghanistan, as part of the International Security Assistance Force — or ISAF — carried out missions that could best be described as peacekeeping.

Under Operation Enduring Freedom, however, they have been heavily involved in dangerous combat missions.
More on link

I hope the boys are being careful out there. B coy keep your heads down.

Booked_Spice said:
Glad to hear no one was hurt... Boys almost home. Keep your head down.

Hey Military Granny.. did you check out the pick. He is a celebrity.

Allow me to dissent.  Keep your heads up, and keep fighting until you're on the herc to Dubai.  Good hunting.

m410 said:
Allow me to dissent.  Keep your heads up, and keep fighting until you're on the herc to Dubai.  Good hunting.
''DUBAI'' ................shuuutttt........But you're right, keep your heads up boys and let's all go home safe.....

HA HA HA..

Okay I have always heard Keep Your Head Down and Your eyes up!!!!!. To be honest with you, I really don't care how they come home safe just as long as they all come home safe to their families and loved ones.

I understand it's no secret... within the ranks.. I'll just refer you to the following link...
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/40907.0.html

buddy I am a big proponent of OPSEC make no mistake.  There has been mention of this in newpapers already (months ago) and I use that as a litmus test as to what can be mentioned here.

Sorry Quagmire
should have included the women of our military as well. Sorry ladies. B coy men and women have a special spot in this old girls heart.

Back