• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

I'm surprised how many of my civvie friends don't even know what the yellow ribbon means, especially considering how common they are in Edmonton.. I feel so loved right now.

I heard alot of yellow ribbon magnets were getting stolen so on the back (magnet) side I stuck a thin piece of masking tape and wrote:

"Your not supporting the troops if you steal from one!"

;)

Mine hasn't been stolen yet......

I've seen a few "Support our troops" magnets, with CADPAT on them..... just wondering if anyone found a place to buy them online yet.

Kenchin said:
I've seen a few "Support our troops" magnets, with CADPAT on them..... just wondering if anyone found a place to buy them online yet.

The only place I've seen the cadpat "Support our Troops" magnets is CANEX.

I think that's a great idea and it looks really good, but Yellow stands out more maybe it should be Yellow with the saying you have in black of course. Or Red as the main color with white lettering. that's my opioin.  8)  ;)

Sobeys Namao and Morinville just started selling the BIG yellow ribbons for your lawn or picture windows.Proceeds go to the Edmonton MFRC and  marriedtothecanadianmilitary.com forum ladies set it up.

I live in Kitchener...where do you suppose I could get a car magnet around here?

As a new  member I have found the forum re the "Support Our Troops" ribbons most interesting and revealing. Many comments by those now  serving  in  our forces indicate that they believe that "civilians"  have  no interest  in showing support for our military. This is far from the truth. Many Canadians  have  military family backgrounds and follow  current activity with great interest. My late father was a career soldier including 6 years during WW11. I have been searching for a support ribbon for several months. and have  just ordered 4 through CANEX. Please don't think that none of us care.

Meathead's Daughter

Yes - people with military (past or present) members in their family care.  Other civilians, not so much.

The only thing that I don't like about the car magnets is that ppl steal them.... so an actual 'decal'/sticker would be better, so if anyone here wants to.... I know a few ppl who either work at or own a store where they can make these stickers, I would be able to find out a good price. If you're interested let me know, and maybe let me know what design you would prefer.... I would go for the CADPAT one.... I think it looks better and attracts more attention when noticed.

Kenchin said:
The only thing that I don't like about the car magnets is that ppl steal them.... so an actual 'decal'/sticker would be better, so if anyone here wants to.... I know a few ppl who either work at or own a store where they can make these stickers, I would be able to find out a good price. If you're interested let me know, and maybe let me know what design you would prefer.... I would go for the CADPAT one.... I think it looks better and attracts more attention when noticed.

Well that is very nice of you but that would defeat the purpose of helping to raise money for the MFRCs through the sale of the ribbons.

I haven't had any trouble with my yellow or cadpat magnet being stolen. But then again, Edmonton seems pretty supportive of the troops in general. A suggestion for you would be to tape the magnet in your back window.

Ive had one stolen and a couple lost thru the car wash :crybaby:
But i just go buy more its for a good cause. Also a lot of people continually ask me where i get them from. So im continually going and buying bundles of them to get for people. ive given away about 20 so far.

I've been noticing here in Toronto/GTA more and more often cars on the road with the "Support our Troops" magnets and or stickers on their cars. I'm getting the impression of growing support for our troops which suprises me since I see Toronto as being on the low end of being pro military. What's your experience in your province or even here in Toronto/GTA with cilivilian displays of military support?

I had one magnet stolen off my truck.So I put the one from my car on the truck and forgot to take it off before going through a drive thru car wash.All tapped out! heh..  have to pick some more up the next time I'm on base.

If I remember correctly, at the Canex here in Kingston, they sell the magnets as well as stickers for your car.

Glenn

Here is a picture of the yellow lawn signs.  I must say that as great as they are in pics, they are even better in real life...very sturdy, mine just went through a huge Manitoba storm.

They are available at MFRC Edmonton or by contacting nastascha@marriedtothecanadianforces.com for large orders.  All proceeds go to MFRC and a small donation to MCF which made them all happen!

yellowribbon.jpg

Don Cherry, on the Sat nite hockey game, mentioned the site www.cfpsa.com/canex to get the Support Our Troops stuff. Has anyone had any success doing this? Is there another supplier in Otawa? Thanks!

Back