• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Flag for Shoulder

soccer08

Inactive
Reaction score
I tried a search, but could not find the answer.

Are the Canadian flags which velcro on to the left shoulder of the CADPAT shirts a part of the issued kit?

If not, would I get them from my unit or do I need to purchase them?  (I saw that CP Gear sells them for 3$ each)

If it makes any difference, I am a reservist.

soccer08 said:

Are the Canadian flags which velcro on to the left shoulder of the CADPAT shirts a part of the issued kit?

If not, would I get them from my unit or do I need to purchase them?  (I saw that CP Gear sells them for 3$ each)

They are issued.  You should be able to get them thru your unit or your Support Det, whatever is in your area.

soccer08 said:
Yes.

-Deadpan

soccer08 said:

You acquire them through the Supply System.  When you got issued your shirts/coats, jacket and parka you should have received a OD and a Colour flag with each shirt/coat, jacket and parka.  If you lost them you have to order them through Stores.

Your local Clothing unit will carry them. They are part of your issue combat shirt. And you can pick up extras afterwards.

Regards,
Sgt Schultz

You can get them through the supply system.  Just put an ADREP into your Sect 2IC and he should be able to assist you.

Thank you for all of the quick responses.

George Wallace said:
You acquire them through the Supply System.  When you got issued your shirts/coats, jacket and parka you should have received a OD and a Colour flag with each shirt/coat, jacket and parka.  If you lost them you have to order them through Stores.

For whatever resason, I never received any of the flags when I picked up my kit back on Sept. 2nd.  One of the other new guys in my unit said that he found a bunch of them in the inside pocket on the tac vest.  Unfortunately, none showed up there for me.  :-[

Talk about spamming the new guy     
duel.gif

soccer08 said:

For whatever resason, I never received any of the flags when I picked up my kit back on Sept. 2nd.  One of the other new guys in my unit said that he found a bunch of them in the inside pocket on the tac vest.  Unfortunately, none showed up there for me.  :-[

Check the breast pockets of your jacket.  They often are in there, stuck to the pocket.

soccer08 said:

For whatever resason, I never received any of the flags when I picked up my kit back on Sept. 2nd. 

The just go back to that spot and get them.

George Wallace said:
Check the breast pockets of your jacket.  They often are in there, stuck to the pocket.

I just checked all of the pockets on my shirts as well as my combat jacket and I couldn't find any.

CDN Aviator said:
The just go back to that spot and get them.

Hopefully I can do that before my next parade night this Friday.

soccer08 said:
Hopefully I can do that before my next parade night this Friday.

Ok...life is really simple if you just stop and think.

Did you get your kit issued from the same place you parade at ?

If yes......no problem

If no.....explain the situation to your supervisor. If he/she is like me, it will take him/her just a few seconds to sort it out.

Heck, your boss will probably just give you one of his/hers right then and there.

CDN Aviator said:
Ok...life is really simple if you just stop and think.

Did you get your kit issued from the same place you parade at ?

If yes......no problem

If no.....explain the situation to your supervisor. If he/she is like me, it will take him/her just a few seconds to sort it out.

Heck, your boss will probably just give you one of his/hers right then and there.

BTDT

NFLD Sapper said:

Same.

I used to keep a whole whack of them in my office with the blessing of the CoC to loan them to troops who've either not had them issued or have forgotten them at home.

How one forgets them is beyond me.

MedTech said:
Same.

I used to keep a whole whack of them in my office with the blessing of the CoC to loan them to troops who've either not had them issued or have forgotten them at home.

How one forgets them is beyond me.

WTF! I just give them away, as they are not accountable from the QM.

NFLD Sapper said:
WTF! I just give them away, as they are not accountable from the QM.

Well maybe they are everywhere else but hey *shrug* my old unit always seemed to have a shortage of them... ALWAYS...

George Wallace said:
It is called the CAW Automatic Flag Removing Seatbelt.          CAW-AFRS

LOL... oh my...

And that horrible rending noise when putting on or taking off the small pack is the flag separating from the loop section. Happens to the best of us.

George Wallace said:
It is called the CAW Automatic Flag Removing Seatbelt.          CAW-AFRS

Also, babies and toddlers have a way of silently removing them as you drop them at day care!

Back