• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Fleece

Nfld Sapper said:
Also not to be worn while working with explosives.

you can wear the fleece while doing demolitions. The prohibition was for wearing fleece WITH the IECS gortex  while doing demolitions. 

Cuffs are still to small as is the neck. Same prob as the last Fleece.

I am looking forward to the next logical step, Soft shell. Please let someone other than CTS design it though.

well, they changed the cuffs on the fleece pants to zipper straight legs instead of the constricting cuff. maybe, just maybe, they will change the jacket too.

The zippered pants are slowly making their way into a clothing stores near you. Hopefully, you get the new stock instead of the old style stock issued.

I haven't heard anything regarding any changes to the fleece shirt however.

Spring_bok said:
Not even under your cadpat rain gear?
Nope not even under my cadpat rain gear.... besides if i get too cold I can just come inside.
Airforce its like a permanent RSS posting.

Remember the old us army combat jacket liner.  I still have mine although it would fit my daughter now. That was the cats meow....

mover1 said:
Remember the old us army combat jacket liner. That was the cats meow....

You mean the original combat jacket liners?
Still have mine.  Lined all the way down the arms... Didn`t have a zipper down the front (though I "fixed" that problem)

no not those old bulky things. I mean the m-65 us army combat jacket liners made out of the same material as the poncho liner/ cave blanket material. had buttons down the front. it was quilted lightweight and really nice.

http://www.rddusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_12&products_id=173

And you can actually wear it under a combat shirt. Still have mine also. As a matter of fact, I think I still have my old combat jacket buried in the basement someplace. Not sure why.

I'm glad so many people have issues with the cuffs/sleeves of the fleece sweater. I feel like I'm built like Popeye when I wear that thing.
Nice and fuzzy warm though, does work good (as long as it's dry) in layers. Makes real good sleeping clothes.

What's all this beeitching about how small it packs? You guys actually carry your stuff or something? Don't you have an HL Wrecker or something to put it in?

Wook

Wookilar said:
What's all this beeitching about how small it packs? You guys actually carry your stuff or something? Don't you have an HL Wrecker or something to put it in?

Wook

I am Airforce my man. No wreckers for me.....the reason I bitch about how small it packs is because it doesn't pack well in my golf bag, whats an exercises without your golf clubs......

Has anyone seen the cuffs on the Briitsh S95 Fleece? It's basically a long woolen cuff with holes on the side for thumbs...seems like it would be a good fix to your problems with the tight fleece cuff.

mover1 said:
no not those old bulky things. I mean the m-65 us army combat jacket liners made out of the same material as the poncho liner/ cave blanket material. had buttons down the front. it was quilted lightweight and really nice.

Picked one of those up at the US Cav shop just off post in Ft Knox in '95...great piece of kit!

mover1 said:

i have one of thoese too, i love it. i wear it all the time under my recce smock, and it keeps me nice and toasty. when it gets really ugly cold, i wear the fleece and the liner and the recce smock with no issues. (ugly cold being around -30 or so)

mover1 said:

FWIW, the combat jacket I had had a button in hood and a quilted liner (sleeves & body that buttoned into the combat jacket (not together).  The liner was not bulky and was lightweight - something like the old ranger blanket.

A quick fix to the fleece not packing tight/small would be to go to a sporting goods store and spend $20 on a compression sack packs them up nice a small and helps to protect it from getting wet.

Yes, except then you cannot get the fleece out, or into your ruck/ Assault pack easily.

Ok, seems to work fine for me, but we probably have our kit set up differently as we are doing two completely different jobs

True,

I use compression sacks fairly extensively. I really like them for packing my sleeping kit and the things I keep in the inner section of my ruck (socks/extra shit/ etc). Things like the fleece I like to keep in a place where it is easily and quickly accessible. I tend to throw on extra warm shit on the fly when I have the opportunity. Since the fleece is something you are going to throw on fairly quickly it makes no sense to me to stow it away deep in the ruck (I use a 64 pattern so it is difficult to access the main compartment quickly). I find compression sacks take quite some time to get kit stowed away in and to drag the kit out, so I limit the use of compression sacks to non-essential kit, stuff that I dont need to access quickly. I think it all depends on what trade and role you are filling. If you are in a CQ or other HQ posn it is easier to basically set up camp and then just live out of your ruck, where as if you are light infantry you rarely "unpack" your ruck. Basically grab something and stow it back away so you can move on the fly.

For me the packing issue, and the ridiculously small cuffs preclude me from using the fleece. I would use my alpha liner if I didnt get a snugpak. Warmer, packs smaller, insulates better when wet, and cuffs that fit my arms!

The cuffs on the new fleece don't seem to be thigh (or as tight) but then again we just got the new stuff this week and it hasn't been washed or warn that much yet so time will tell I guess

Do you mean the CADPAT ICE fleece or is there some newer one? Maybe I do just have freakish wrists! :-[

Back