• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Appropriate for Wear in Public?

Do you think that Cadpat/Combats is an appropriate form of dress for CF Members attending public eve

• Yes, I think that cadpats should be appropriate for wear at all public occasions.

Votes: 152 52.2%
  • No, I think that DEUs are a better representation of a professional when in the public eye.

Votes: 139 47.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDN Aviator said:
Psssst......why would i be wearing my flightsuit in the hotel longe ?

Vern, see this post?  That's the reason for the dry-cleaning civvies post.  ;)

I have a question regarding uniforms.  Does anyone know if ball caps are authorized for Naval work dress?  I saw a girl today in black pants, postal blue shirt and a ball cap.  In Kingston, if anyone cares.  Not sure if it was NCDs but I doubt it.

PMedMoe said:
Vern, see this post?  That's the reason for the dry-cleaning civvies post.  ;)

I have a question regarding uniforms.  Does anyone know if ball caps are authorized for Naval work dress?  I saw a girl today in black pants, postal blue shirt and a ball cap.  In Kingston, if anyone cares.  Not sure if it was NCDs but I doubt it.

Actually, I discussed this with the C1 who lives across the hall from me over a couple of beers last night. He did state that a message had just been cut which authorized the ballcap as daily headdress for wear with NCDs - regardless of posting.

Haven`t seen the message; am not at clothing nor am I the MPO any longer, and I don`t have access to the DIN at the moment to access the messages; ergo, I can't state for sure what is "officially authorized" (but based on our conversation & your sighting - it would seem to be).

Moe / Vern,

This dress item was discussed in the Navy threads: The current navy uniform

I have not seen the message yet either, but in the discussion a copy and paste of the reference reads:

MARGEN 34/09(Unclass):
".....THE NAVY BLACK UNIT BALLCAP (RED FOR SEA TRAINING) MAY NOW BE WORN AS AN ALTERNATIVE, OPTIONAL ITEM WITH NAVAL COMBAT DRESS ASHORE OR ANYWHERE THAT NCDS ARE AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR.  THE ONLY MARKINGS AUTHORIZED ARE ON THE FRONT PANEL OF THE CAP AND THEY REMAIN THE UNITS NAME AND DESIGNATOR WITH SIDE NUMBERS AS APPLICABLE.
2. THIS POLICY APPLIES TO ALL UNITS CURRENTLY AUTHORIZED BY MARCOM TO ISSUE BALLCAPS FOR WEAR WITH NAVAL COMBAT DRESS...."

Smity199 said:
It seems a shame that with all the money spent on uniforms that there are still serious problems like this.. the whole point of issued uniforms is so that everyone looks the same and 'uniform'. With different tops and bottoms all at different colors and shades of fading after the first couple of years youd think something would be done to correct the problem long term.. is it just the CADPATs that fade like this or do other militarys uniforms also have the same flaw??

What is amusing is, once one is in the CF long enough, they get so accustom to seeing the same uniforms everywhere, they start telling them apart by shade and wear. To the average person outside of the CF, probably not even noticeable unless it stands out. 

mellian said:
What is amusing is, once one is in the CF long enough, they so accustom to seeing the same uniforms everywhere, they start telling them apart by shade and wear. To the average person out of the CF, probably not even noticeable unless it stands out.

Ergo the reason that most troops coming into cloting stores actually ask for "used" cadpat  ;)

One can never actually be "too" sure what the shade or wear signifies - or even "does not" signify; most people who regard their "ability to judge another's accomplishmets or history" based soley upon the "uniform wear or colour" caveat as a "skill" are usually RTFOOer. 

ArmyVern said:
Ergo the reason that most troops coming into cloting stores actually ask for "used" cadpat  ;)

One can never actually be "too" sure what the shade or wear signifies - or even "does not" signify; most people who regard their "ability to judge another's accomplishmets or history" based soley upon the "uniform wear or colour" caveat as a "skill" are usually RTFOOer. 

I thought that's what the rank we wear was for  ???

;D

mellian said:
What is amusing is, once one is in the CF long enough, they get so accustom to seeing the same uniforms everywhere, they start telling them apart by shade and wear. To the average person outside of the CF, probably not even noticeable unless it stands out.

and you would know what it's like to have been in the Forces for a long period of time how? when people ask questions on this forum they usually expect answers to come from those who are in the know (having first hand knowledge), not from those who speculate on what they read online. Untill you have gained some military knowledge and experience yourself please stick to asking questions, you definately aren't qualified to answer mine.

Smity199 said:
and you would know what it's like to have been in the Forces for a long period of time how? when people ask questions on this forum they usually expect answers to come from those who are in the know (having first hand knowledge), not from those who speculate on what they read online. Untill you have gained some military knowledge and experience yourself please stick to asking questions, you definately aren't qualified to answer mine.

Back your truck up buckwheat. It's not your thread, forum or site. She's as much entitled to her opinion as you are yours. I could well say "Being a neophyte, and until you gain some time and experience here, ensure you don't go running off at the yip and making an idiot of yourself".  However, I won't.

This has been, at least, the third time in as many weeks, that someone has come here and demanded that only certain people answer their questions or participate in the thread. It's NOT on. Once you post a thread or question, it belongs to the boards. You no longer own the rights to the words, and anyone can respond.

Milnet.ca Staff

Smity199 said:

Pot, this is kettle, you're black, over.

You don't even have military experience listed on your profile, and a quick search of your more recent posts include a lot of "When I was sworn in" war-stories. Heck, on the second page of your posts I found this little tidbit: Basic Training Begins: Aug 31/09.

PuckChaser said:
Pot, this is kettle, you're black, over.

You don't even have military experience listed on your profile, and a quick search of your more recent posts include a lot of "When I was sworn in" war-stories. Heck, on the second page of your posts I found this little tidbit: Basic Training Begins: Aug 31/09.

Deja vu but didn't a mod just tell him that ... officially?

I'm sure the post was signed as "Milnet.ca Staff"

Smity199 said:

This is how I tend to stir the pot without intending to do so. It is a neutral comment that I made sure not to use any 'I' or 'we' pronouns while pointing out something amusing from the whole discussion in this thread.

You didn't do anything wrong Mellian, I think the mod/admin made that clear above.

Your post made sense to me.

And since the thread is now about tone and interpretation of posts, I'd say were done with this one. 

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back