• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

CAST enters stumbles around the chat.

No doubt -

But in 1970 Germany was the main political thrust. Norway was a sideshow. The Army followed the politicians and paid exactly as much attention to it as the politicians wanted. Germany, 1 Canadian Air Division and 4 CMBG (1 Cdn Div) was the main thrust.

At the time of the Beatty paper we could have shifted focus to the North.

I still believe that that would have created a more useful post-Cold-War force.

The Scandinavians seem to be busy against the Russians on our Right Flank.
The Americans seem to be busy against the Russians and Chinese on our Left Flank
And we seem to engage the Russians overhead occasionally.

“Overhead” is still pretty left-flank-ish, geographically speaking. That one was intercepted by F-16s, F-35s, and CF-18s.

“Overhead” is still pretty left-flank-ish, geographically speaking. That one was intercepted by F-16s, F-35s, and CF-18s.

But we are still expected to show up, if only for moral support.

But we are still expected to show up, if only for moral support.
You misunderstand me.

The CF-18s, and the Canadians in Alaskan Region, Western Air Defence Sector, Eastern Air Defence Sector, and NORAD HQ aren’t just there for moral support.

You misunderstand me.

The CF-18s, and the Canadians in Alaskan Region, Western Air Defence Sector, Eastern Air Defence Sector, and NORAD HQ aren’t just there for moral support.

Thanks for the correction. My error.

Back