• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Wainright, who's goin!

Hopkins

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm startin this Summer...July 2nd or 4th at Wainright...Who's joining me?  :threat:

I was going to bro but...im doing mine during the fall....What unit are you in for?

paracowboy said:
I am.
heh, heh, heh...
(Darth Vader theme crescendos)

Hahaha Glan I'm not... :p. Actualy from the little I've seen online, I'd bet you'd make course alot of 'fun'.

i live in edmonton so would i be taking the course out at wainright, or do they run something right here in edmonton ?  :soldier:

Yes, there are courses scheduled to happen in edmonton. Im  not sure of the dates or anything. sorry

As per a previous post I made, there are BMQ/SQ courses happening in several locations within LFWA.  They are Chilliwack x 2, Edmonton x 1, Wainwright x 3, Dundurn x 1, and Winnipeg x 2.  All of the BMQs start 04 Jul and end 29 Jul.  All of the SQs start 01 Aug and end 26 Aug.

The serial you end up on does not just depend upon where you live.  Each BMQ will start with 44 candidates.  Therefore if there is already 44 people slated, you will end up going elsewhere.  You can always ask for a certain location, but don't count on it until you have a course loading message.

Not all the SQ's are in August.  I'm doing SQ in Wainwright 4 July to 30 July...Unless they are sending me on BMQ again and just not telling me about it.

Since the thread topic was about the BMQ serials, I was referrring to the SQ serials that are linked to the BMQ (i.e. they start immediately after and will have, for the most part, the same staff and students).

You are correct, their are 3 x SQ serials in Jul, although the actual dates are 04-29 Jul (which are then linked to DP 1 Inf and Armd Recce).

A list of all courses within LFWA can be found at:  http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/38cbg_arsd/ACSO/calender.htm

im supposed to be going in july but i havnt gotten my phone call yet :crybaby:

I going to wainwright on Nov. 20. Who's joining me?

Moi, heh I'll be taking a plane out on the 18th, hope to see you all there.  I am however very nervous heh, but it'll soon pass...  You can spot me out, I'm the young one there.  :warstory:

Well right now there is snow on the ground, it's not to cold out. The base itself is alright, somewhat large and spread but nowhere near the size of Gagetown though. Right now the base is pretty busy due to the fact there Ex. Maple Gaurdian is going on and there is a course being run at the same time, although I'm not on base alot due to the fact that I'm needed out at "KAF" or one of the FOB's.

Ok so I'm preparing to leave, not to worried about passing, just going to listen to the instructors and be the best I can be.  I'm a bit nervous but usually thats a normal thing.  So I have talked to a couple of others who are also leaving soon and my question is, in Wainwright whats the difference between this base and St Jeans?  I've looked for some info on the site using search but can't find to much on this base other than during summer its very ridiculous and the misquotos are a killer.  I'm not sure what it will be like in winter, I assume very cold and lots of snow.  If anyone who would like to chat be sure to add my MSN.  This Tuesday I get sworn in so I'm pretty pumped, but until then my blood is pumping and I can't wait to go to BMQ!  :warstory:

Back