• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Big People

What trade Should I enlist in?

• Infantry

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Artillery

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Armour

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Engineer

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
i basically wanna be in Combat Infantry thats all i really want to do, so sould i just read up on Infantry stuff and how to qualify for it?>

How about you worry about getting a good education before worrying about the infantry??

It will help you more in the end.

I have to agree with springroll, if your 16 going on 17, your not yet done highschool and that Should be your main priority if your able and capable of going through it.

paracowboy: as always you have great info and insight.......
"Options:
a) become fit, stay fit, enlist.
b) enlist, suffer through, become fit
c) do none of the above and wonder for the rest of your life if you had what it takes to serve your nation."

I have to add an option  a.5  become fit, enlist, realize that you can never really be fit enough, suffer through, become more fit and never stop trying to improve, serve your nation.

I'm 5'10" 280lbs, you will not find much bigger kicking around. I run, poorly, it's a fact I have to live with, the gazelles had to keep coming back to get me on the runs and had to thank me profusely for helping out on the ruck marches. It's all very ying/yang in the forces, not everyone is good at everything. I can out lift/pull/push or drag most, and most can outrun me (god help you if you can't) just suffer through whatever gets chucked at you. There is a place for all types in the forces, if you are willing to give 100% all the time. Good luck, oh and finish school, whatever else happens, finish school.

So, I'd modify your plan lightly, if I were you.

1. Educate myself on fitness (there are some threads on this site you can start with),
2. follow through by actively exercising and eating healthy,
3. continue attending High School while achieving the highest grades you can,
4. graduate High School, then consider secondary school or enlisting.
5. be a kid. Do stupid stuff, get in trouble, chase girls (another reason for points #1 & 2), and cherish your family.

Right now, your job is School. The better you do in school, the better you will be received in the Forces, and should you choose not to enlist, the more options you will have to follow.

Springroll said:
How about you worry about getting a good education before worrying about the infantry??

It will help you more in the end.

Never let your schooling get in the way of your education.

Island Ryhno said:
I'm 5'10" 280lbs, you will not find much bigger kicking around. I run, poorly, it's a fact I have to live with, the gazelles had to keep coming back to get me on the runs and had to thank me profusely for helping out on the ruck marches. It's all very ying/yang in the forces, not everyone is good at everything. I can out lift/pull/push or drag most, and most can outrun me (god help you if you can't) just suffer through whatever gets chucked at you. There is a place for all types in the forces, if you are willing to give 100% all the time. Good luck, oh and finish school, whatever else happens, finish school.

Thank you for this. Finally someone who understands the CF needs more than just automatons who can run and do mega-pushups!

I may not be a 20-something year old 6'2 male who can run 10k in 28 min and do 50 pushups with one arm tied behind my back, but I know I do have skills that will be a benefit to the CF and to my country.

Back