• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
I think I just had a mini-stroke!!!!!!!  Wow!  I need a coffee.  ;)

No demotion point. It was a good gag, but god!!! How on earth would you expect me to operate??  :crybaby:

Oh wait... There's no Timmies where I am... Just Turkish coffee  :blotto:

Hey I liked that stuff when we were in Istanbul a few years ago. Then again I was one of the few that drank it.  :P

Ex-Dragoon said:
Hey I liked that stuff when we were in Istanbul a few years ago. Then again I was one of the few that drank it. :P

:P Well I've definitely got enough time over here to learn to like it, but for now I liken it to a dark murky sludge...  :skull:

After the caffienne gum trials they decided we could chew.  Less spilled drinks going over rough terrain...  ;)

I Could Only Wish!

The Most deadliest places to drive here on CFB Petawawa are around the 2 Tim Hortons.

Shut 'em both down and the fatties won't have anywhere to go when they're skipping PT....
Hey maybe they'll actually start doing some on their own, other than  at 'Gym Hortons'

Carefull there Cans, I see as many Royal Canadians there as any other unit (even if Timmies cups are verboden in the Chicken Coop).

edit to add I case you wonder how I know...We UMS staff do PT from 1430-1600, 'round 0900 is our daily run to pick up mail, coffe etc...

I started drinking Espresso for the first time when I was over in Europe recently,
Insane stuff, have 3 cups of that and you will literally sit there and shake off any weight you might be carrying!
Trying to keep up with people who drink them every day is not a good idea either, because they can have as many as 5 cups in a sitting, and when you're trying to match them (Out of spite, or respect for local customs..either way a bad idea) you'll just sit there and wait for your heart to come exploding out of your chest.

Che said:
I started drinking Espresso for the first time when I was over in Europe recently,
Insane stuff, have 3 cups of that and you will literally sit there and shake off any weight you might be carrying!
Trying to keep up with people who drink them every day is not a good idea either, because they can have as many as 5 cups in a sitting, and when you're trying to match them (Out of spite, or respect for local customs..either way a bad idea) you'll just sit there and wait for your heart to come exploding out of your chest.

The trick is to have espresso in moderation, so that when you need a wake-up, its there.  When I'm driving long distances, and I get tired near the end of the drive (the last couple hours, usually), I'll pick up an espresso based beverage.  My go-to choice is a good triple venti vanilla latte from Starbucks, but thats only a possibility when Starbucks is handy (or I have a thermos onboard).

Also, I thought Timmies was going to Steeped tea (i.e. the loose leaf method, or whatever)?  I know people who swear by that method for their own use, so I always assumed it was better.  Not being a tea drinker, what is the benefit to bagged teas?  I assume that way you can control the strength a little better?

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Who cares about the coffee..? , I heard that they switched to "liquid" tea, no bag.AAARRRRGGGGG!!!

Don't worry, that tea is just another new product.  It's Orange Pekoe brewed using a different product.  All the old teas are still at Timmy Hoe's

I havn't stopped at one yet but I did see the sign for a medium at $1.09 which would mean the price has gone up and then it hit me, I'll bet now they will charge more depending on the size. Before it was always the same price no matter what size you got. [1 teabag]
Has anyone checked this out?    Tea is such an important part of a well-balanced life. 8)
Bruce

Armymedic said:
Carefull there Cans, I see as many Royal Canadians there as any other unit (even if Timmies cups are verboden in the Chicken Coop).

edit to add I case you wonder how I know...We UMS staff do PT from 1430-1600, 'round 0900 is our daily run to pick up mail, coffe etc...

I wasn't necessarily talking about fatties in other units  :P

medium regular for me.

I hate almost all of the donuts, muffins etc because I worked at Tim Hortons for 2 years.

Also some years ago in my early teens back in the days of Boy Scouts we had some british kids come visit us.  I took one to Tims.

Needless to say, he did not want to go back to England after that.

Back