• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

basic officer training camp

ArmyVern said:
Left - right - left - right - left - right - left

It's such a simple song to learn. And, learn it well they will.  ;)

Sounds catchy.  ;D

ArmyVern said:

Ummm!  You should know better.  We NEVER sing out our Drill instructions.

Celticgirl said:
Sounds catchy.  ;D

It is indeed quite catchy.

Besides the version I've posted, I also know the version with the standard pause omitted - it's very uptempo. Although not entertaining to hear it sung out to oneself ... it does seem to be somewhat entertaining to the onlookers watching you.   ;)

George Wallace said:
Ummm!  You should know better.  We NEVER sing out our Drill instructions.

Ahem

If you really want to hear my singing voice ... I'd advise you to stand somewhere along the route between B6 and the Camp Argonaut Parade Square between 0630-0700hrs and 1000-1030hrs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this coming week.  ;)  Failing that, you'll have to catch my tenor in Freddy on Saturday.

Hehehe Griffins... Fond fond memories :D.

Speaking of Singalongs:

Mama Mama can't you see?

What the CF's done to me

Took away my blue jeans!

Now I'm wearing CF greens.

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah!
Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah.

Mama Mama can't you see?

What the CF's done to me?

Took away my Mac'n Cheese!

Now I'm eating IMPs.

Bah, Bah, Bah, Bah!

Mama Mama can't you see?

What the CF's done to me?

Took a away my Chevy!

Now I'm driving MPVs!

Oh yeah.... Goood ol sing alongs ;)

ArmyVern said:

There are others, for example for engineers; theirs the Engineer Song  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Ahem

If you really want to hear my singing voice ... I'd advise you to stand somewhere along the route between B6 and the Camp Argonaut Parade Square between 0630-0700hrs and 1000-1030hrs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this coming week.  ;)  Failing that, you'll have to catch my tenor in Freddy on Saturday.

So is that a challenge?? I don't got to be back to work till Thursday, so I guess I'll have to go out and here you sing (wile I run by)

And did we mention that a SEARCH of "BOTC" brings up lots of helpful topics now that this one has taken a turn towards the 'cadence' of a different drummer.

Millitia man, millitia man
Does whatever a reg force can
Digs a trench, any size
Calls a weekend an exercise

Watch out, here comes millitia man

Is he strong, listen bud,
Hes got the army in half his blood.......

;D

NL_engineer said:
So is that a challenge?? I don't got to be back to work till Thursday, so I guess I'll have to go out and here you sing (wile I run by)

Be very very wary of that ...

We'll have weapons. And, if I time it perfectly, I'll ensure that I give a Change Arms on the March that will coincide with your run-by ... odds of my weapon slipping and making contact with your smiling face are increasing by the moment - you know - what with wearing white gloves and all ...

There'll be a Sergeant there to write up the accident report.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Be very very wary of that ...

We'll have weapons. And, if I time it perfectly, I'll ensure that I give a Change Arms on the March that will coincide with your run-by ... odds of my weapon slipping and making contact with your smiling face are increasing by the moment - you know - what with wearing white gloves and all ...

There'll be a Sergeant there to write up the accident report.  ;)

well I guess I'll have to wait till Thursday morning on troop pt  ;D

on another note

What time are you going to be at Griffins on Wednesday Vern?  :cheers:

NL_engineer said:
well I guess I'll have to wait till Thursday morning on troop pt  ;D

on another note

What time are you going to be at Griffins on Wednesday Vern?  :cheers:

1605hrs.

(Shhhhh, I don't go there on Wednesdays as a habit - but I will this week just for you ...)

>:D

sounds good, I get back in town tomorrow (I have been enjoying the lovely PEI rain  ::)).

NL_engineer said:
sounds good, I get back in town tomorrow (I have been enjoying the lovely PEI rain  ::)).

Glad to see my order came through  ;D

Back