• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Subscriptions Now Available

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
All,

Starting today, Army.ca subscriptions are now available for all members. In a nutshell, subscriptions are $30 annually, and subscribers are entitled to a few extra features on the site. New subscribers also get a free Army.ca t-shirt mailed to them ($24 normally), and the new batch just arrived!

More information can be found here:

http://army.ca/subscribe/

Thanks for your support!

Just to reinforce what Bruce said, one reason why the last outage was resolved quickly is that Mike had access to funds from memberships to buy an important part for the server to run this site.

Folks, with the new upgrade problems slowly being worked out, now would be a nice time to get on the subscriber wagon and/ or buy some milnet.ca swag.

Mike spends his own time and frequentally his own money keeping this site on the air and free of "pop-ups".

Folks, just a quick update to say that an order of Tan Army.ca t-shirts has arrived, so we're well stocked again. Prices haven't changed since 2004, subscriptions are still $30 and shirts are $24 S&H included. Thanks advance for your support, it's what keeps things moving along here.

One quick note: Starting this Friday I'm on vacation for almost 3 weeks. If you place your orders quickly, I can get them out before I go. :)

Cheers
Mike

Mike:

As discussed in a different thread - I just took a fairly heavy financial "hit".  HOWEVER, I'm workin' the phone and will probably have turned it around by the time your vacation is done. 

I have a plush monkey sitting in the corner who needs an "Army.ca" T-shirt - God willing and the creek don't rise - I'll be placing an order on your return.

Have a good time on your vacation.

Roy

Thanks Roy... and I should also state that there's no need to feel obliged. The subscription service allows those who are able to show their support in a definitive way. I recognize there are a lot of reasons why that's not going to work for everyone. Frankly, I'd be just as happy if folks talked to their local businesses/kit shop/whatever about advertising on Army.ca. That keeps the money in the pockets of our users and still allows us to move forward. :)

Cheers
Mike

Thank your for the update Mr. Bobbitt and for all your hard work on the site.
Have a wonderful vacation! :nod:

I've been lurking on the site for quite a while now.  I recently decided it was time to register since I've found the site very helpful and enjoyable to read.
With my wifes' kind permision I've decided to become a subscriber.  I'll be mailing a cheque out in the morning. I no longer am using credit cards thanks to a Mr Earl Jones. 

You'll get lots of army.ca swag to advertise the site around your place  ;) and many warm welcomes in the Subscribers discussion area in a little while.

The support of our subscriber base has kept us going for several years now... so... THANKS!

Folks,

Just wanted to make a quick post here and see if I can drum up some support for the site. Unfortunately, our expenses have risen steadily over the years and we are at a spot where we need to raise a bit more cash or scale back our hosting plan. The need is not huge, a few more subscribers will see us through the end of August so I thought I would solicit some support from folks that may be on the fence about a paid subscription.

Unlike the gas companies, the cost of an Army.ca subscription hasn't changed since they were first introduced 7 years ago. In fact, Subscriptions now come with an Army.ca 'Battle Badge' and temporary tattoos in addition to the shirt. Of course, you still get all the other benefits of being a Subscriber, plus you're helping to keep things ticking along smoothly here.

Alternatively, if you haven't tried it yet, the Afghan Ops Facebook game - which is free to play - is also a good way to support the site, for those who enjoy a bit of gaming.

If you have any questions please ask me or any Subscriber... I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss the details with you. Thanks to all our subscribers new and old for keeping us going!

Cheers
Mike

I think a subscription works out to less than a dime a day. 

A PayPal gift inbound - thanks for all the time and hard work, Mike.

Thanks so much guys, your support is greatly appreciated!  :salute:

Done, with that interac e-mail transfer thingie.  Sure hope I got it right!

Mike Bobbitt said:
Folks,

Just wanted to make a quick post here and see if I can drum up some support for the site. Unfortunately, our expenses have risen steadily over the years and we are at a spot where we need to raise a bit more cash or scale back our hosting plan. The need is not huge, a few more subscribers will see us through the end of August so I thought I would solicit some support from folks that may be on the fence about a paid subscription.

Unlike the gas companies, the cost of an Army.ca subscription hasn't changed since they were first introduced 7 years ago. In fact, Subscriptions now come with an Army.ca 'Battle Badge' and temporary tattoos in addition to the shirt. Of course, you still get all the other benefits of being a Subscriber, plus you're helping to keep things ticking along smoothly here.

Alternatively, if you haven't tried it yet, the Afghan Ops Facebook game - which is free to play - is also a good way to support the site, for those who enjoy a bit of gaming.

If you have any questions please ask me or any Subscriber... I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss the details with you. Thanks to all our subscribers new and old for keeping us going!
Cheers
Mike

He will never come outright ask for support...this is about as strong as it gets, but I have no hesitation in saying that if you use the site, help defray the expenses incurred.....take out a membership!!!!

Back