• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Hacked

Ok,

Almost any sub-forum or post I read on Navy.ca now wants to download a file. My computer blocks the attempt and a mesage pops up.
This started two days ago in a few forums and is now extended to all of the sub-forums.
Is this a change to the site that I should accept or this a virus?

Haven't noticed anything on the army.ca side of the house.... have you scanned your system?

Nothing on milnet.ca either. I checked a couple posts on Navy.ca and I wasn't getting any download warnings.

2010newbie said:
Nothing on milnet.ca either. I checked a couple posts on Navy.ca and I wasn't getting any download warnings.
Same here as of this post.

kratz said:
Ok,

Almost any sub-forum or post I read on Navy.ca now wants to download a file. My computer blocks the attempt and a mesage pops up.
This started two days ago in a few forums and is now extended to all of the sub-forums.
Is this a change to the site that I should accept or this a virus?

I had this before as well.  It is malware of some sort and a run of Ad-Aware solve it for me.

Ad-Aware

kratz, I've had one other user report the same thing... it may be that both of you are suffering from the same malware, but I've taken it as a sign to check over the system. So far it's clean.

What sort of file is it asking you to download? (I still recommend you don't actually download it...)

File is "xd_proxy.css"

Content is:

.app_content_51546247891 a.uiLinkSubtle { display: none; }
.app_content_51546247891 a.UIImageBlock_ICON_Image { display: none; }

#bootloader_Zvucx { height: 42px; }

Windows XP Pro SP_3, IE 7.

Thank you for the tips everyone.
I'm in the middle of a virus check (nothing so far).
I've also cleared my history/cookies, just to be sure.
I've scanned for the "xd_proxy.css" file and it can not be found.

Mike,

That is part of the reason I posted. Just in case anyone else was having the problem. The pop-up is not letting me see/read what it is that wants to dowload. The item appears at random. It has been hard to get it to appear twice in the same location.

I reported this to Mike yesterday but it hasn't happened since I brought it up in the staff forum. I also haven't run a system scan but am going to start one right away.

I do not know what type of file it was, I just dismissed it, the two times it happened to me, as a bug.

See:

http://forum2.aimoo.com/computerhelp/WINDOWS-PC/RE-xd_proxy-css-showing-up-on-my-laptop-1-939256.html

Looks like it's a known issue with Facebook's "Like" button and IE.

Thanks for the info... I have disabled the "like" button here for now, hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Back