• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Hacked

/\
Agreed... Always do the Globe and Mail check before hitting 'Post'!!

toughenough, it was a handful of files that had their contents replaced. Direct access to the database was never obtained, and overall the hack was not very destructive. I have backups of all the original files, and have reverted all the changes back. Based on what I'm seeing in the logs, this was not done 'by hand' but an automated tool that exploits site weaknesses was used. It just tried all the doors and windows until it found one unlocked.

Ex-Dragoon said:
That is something we caution about time and time again, what it boils down to is for each member to be self policing as the DS can only do so much. We do too much and we are accused of censorship. We do too much and some run amok.
Seen - no quarrel at all w/the mods (who do a pretty important, mostly thankless job), just reminding others posting.

Catchy music, though, especially with numerous tabs open. I wonder if he sells CDs?

George Wallace said:
So ........ New fund raising venture to buy the "Reverse Hacker Server Fryer" from Norenco.  It is a device that takes the Hacker's code and reverses the 'hack' to fry the Hacker's Server to a pile of steaming solder, wire and plastic.

I'll donate towards this.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Based on what I'm seeing in the logs, this was not done 'by hand' but an automated tool that exploits site weaknesses was used. It just tried all the doors and windows until it found one unlocked.

AKA no talent script kiddie. Probably wasted more of his/her time watching the script work than your time to fix it.

Mike: on the bright side, it allowed you to close a hole you were previously unaware of.

In an effort to aid the site, I am going to offer up my own bit of counter-muslim-hacker content.

I have decided that, as I live in Ontario, and as it is legal here for me to be topless, that I am going outside right now to shovel the damn driveway topless and will post a counter-muslim-hacker pic of said activity ...

That should keep them the hell away (if not laughing endlessly for their remaining years of life).

Beware of earthquake advisories, which are apparently caused by non jiggles such as I am about to demonstrate; ready the DART for response to said disaster.

Merry Christmas!!

ArmyVern said:
In an effort to aid the site, I am going to offer up my own bit of counter-muslim-hacker content.

I have decided that, as I live in Ontario, and as it is legal here for me to be topless, that I am going outside right now to shovel the damn driveway topless and will post a counter-muslim-hacker pic of said activity ...

That should keep them the hell away (if not laughing endlessly for their remaining years of life).

Beware of earthquake advisories, which are apparently caused by non jiggles such as I am about to demonstrate; ready the DART for response to said disaster.

Merry Christmas!!
Give ya a loonie if you include pictures.....

ArmyVern said:

Merry Christmas!!

This has 'bad idea' written all over it. What if you cause a boobquake on the ocean floor? You might cause a tittle wave.

milnews.ca said:
Give ya a loonie if you include pictures.....

How about a twoonie if you don't? This offer is made to protect the uncorrupted members of this site, and is not meant to be judgemental about . . . I quit before I get myself in real trouble.

Old Sweat said:
How about a twoonie if you don't? This offer is made to protect the uncorrupted members of this site, and is not meant to be judgemental about . . . I quit before I get myself in real trouble.
I was going to say a double double from Timmies :D

George Wallace said:
So ........ New fund raising venture to buy the "Reverse Hacker Server Fryer" from Norenco.  It is a device that takes the Hacker's code and reverses the 'hack' to fry the Hacker's Server to a pile of steaming solder, wire and plastic.

I'll at least take this opportunity to finally subscribe...

George Wallace said:

Nah man, you need the .............Trace...Buster.........Buster.........Buster.......Buster!  8)

*props to those who get it....*

See if you can create a GUI interface using Visual Basic to track his IP!
;D

Back