• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My app got transferred to the local Toronto RC today.

Recruiting Centre: CFVRC
Local Recruiting Centre: Toronto RC
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Aerospace Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Communications and Electronics (Air) Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Intelligence
Online Application Date: April 7, 2013
Date Application sent to Toronto RC: June 14, 2013
CFAT:
Interview:
Medical:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting Center: New Westminster, BC
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Legal
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Oct 2011
Sent in documents/paperwork: Dec 2011
Aptitude Test: May 2012
Medical: May 2012
General Officer Interview: May 2012, April 2013, June 2013
Merit Listed: May 2012, April 2013, June 2013
JAG Board Interview: June 2013
Position Offered: TDA
Enrollment/Swear in: TDA
BMQ Begins: TDA

Congrats anneadit ! It's always exciting getting first contact from your local CFRC.

Recruiting Center: Oshawa
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Material Tech
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Vehicle Tech
Application Date: July 2012 (Re-applied February 2013)
First Contact: September 2012
Med, aptitude completed : October 2012
Interview completed: Offered December 2012, Declined.  New interview June 11, 2013
Merit Listed: June 11, 2013
Position Offered: awaiting
Basic Training Begins: awaiting

*Cell phone presently glued to my hip
** Almost 5pm.  Can put it down until Monday morning.

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP (RMC)
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade choice 3: AEC
Application date: Nov 14, 2012
CFAT completed: Nov 28, 2012
Medical completed: Dec 17, 2012
Extended Medical turned in: Jan 7, 2013
Interview completed: Jan 7, 2013
ACSO Test completed: Feb 1, 2013
ASC completed: March 6, 2013
Pilot: Passed (2.5cm too tall for pilot, however)
AEC: Passed
Position offered: ACSO, 13 June 2013
Enrollment/swearing in:

Finally!  What a weight off my shoulders.  Got a call and an email with my offer.  I was told I would have had an offer in March if my medical was pushed through properly.  Someone forgot to fill out a box or push the right button and it delayed it 3 months.

I haven't looked through to see who else got offered ROTP at RMCC, but I'll see you guys in Kingston!

Just a quick question for the guys and gals that got appointments, did any of you call the recruiters and ask them to book you appointments? Or how did  you get them to get you appointments?

Edit for clarity: I know most people will patiently wait, but this question is for the proactive applicants

ForeverLearning said:
Just a quick question for the guys and gals that got appointments, did any of you call the recruiters and ask them to book you appointments? Or how did  you get them to get you appointments?

Edit for clarity: I know most people will patiently wait, but this question is for the proactive applicants

You can be as proactive as you want. At the end of the day, THEY will decide when to book your appointments.

Goodeman said:
You can be as proactive as you want. At the end of the day, THEY will decide when to book your appointments.

You have to remember that the people working in the office have alot of applications to deal with so calling and being proactive isnt a bad thing. It also show them that you are serious and motivated. My recruiter told me that people who call have their file move faster. But yes, at the end of the day, they decide when they do it!

Component: Regular
1:Trade Choice. DEO Log
2: Application Date: Sept 2012
3. First Contact: dont recall
5. Tests: CFAT- carried over from past service,  medical april 2013
6.interview march 2013
7.merit list may 2013
8.    Waiting for offer

JoPelle said:
You have to remember that the people working in the office have alot of applications to deal with so calling and being proactive isnt a bad thing. It also show them that you are serious and motivated. My recruiter told me that people who call have their file move faster. But yes, at the end of the day, they decide when they do it!

And both my local recruiter and the staff members at the virtual recruiting center told me that calling and emailing wouldn't get my application moved faster, and I would be processed based on when my application was received (subject to recruiting needs). To quote the Sergeant directly from his last email to me: "Good things come to those who wait."

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for a status update or to check if they are waiting for anything from you if you feel you have waited too long, because there is always a chance you missed a piece of paper and they are waiting for it, but I wouldn't do it with the expectation it will speed up your application.

Everyone has different experiences, and every office runs a little differently, but I think one thing that has remained constant is that patience is a virtue in the Canadian Forces. So ForeverLearning, if you are concerned about the length of time you have waited, contacting them by email is probably the best way to get an update, but they WILL set your appointments eventually on their own without needing you to call, if they have all of your papers/forms etc.

JM2345 said:
And both my local recruiter and the staff members at the virtual recruiting center told me that calling and emailing wouldn't get my application moved faster, and I would be processed based on when my application was received (subject to recruiting needs). To quote the Sergeant directly from his last email to me: "Good things come to those who wait."

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for a status update or to check if they are waiting for anything from you if you feel you have waited too long, because there is always a chance you missed a piece of paper and they are waiting for it, but I wouldn't do it with the expectation it will speed up your application.

Everyone has different experiences, and every office runs a little differently, but I think one thing that has remained constant is that patience is a virtue in the Canadian Forces. So ForeverLearning, if you are concerned about the length of time you have waited, contacting them by email is probably the best way to get an update, but they WILL set your appointments eventually on their own without needing you to call, if they have all of your papers/forms etc.

Every application is different.
My file got lost or something so I called and thats when things got done. The person that got my file told me that she made a mistake and if I havent called, she wouldnt have realised it. And she told me that things like this can happen, so its not a bad thing to call when you havent heard from them in a while. But you're right, patience is a virtue.

These are the answer I was looking for and the approach o was going to take, fuck in every once in a while see if they need anything more. Cheers !

ForeverLearning said:
These are the answer I was looking for and the approach o was going to take, frig in every once in a while see if they need anything more. Cheers !

What trade did you choose?
and where are you in the process

Anyone know if CFLRS has any BMQ courses scheduled after July 15?  By that I mean typically do they run courses after July 15 or wait until fall to start it up again??

Tralax said:
Anyone know if CFLRS has any BMQ courses scheduled after July 15?  By that I mean typically do they run courses after July 15 or wait until fall to start it up again??
Why do you need to know? I am sure if you have job offer you will be informed about next BMQ.
How information there is or there is not BMQ after July 15 can help you?
Personally I heard about August BMQ and BMOQ.

secondchance said:
Why do you need to know? I am sure if you have job offer you will be informed about next BMQ.
How information there is or there is not BMQ after July 15 can help you?

It can help him because he might be looking at some other commitments in life, such as a temporary job, volunteering, upgrading his education etc. If he knows when the dates for BMQ are, he can plan his life out according to those dates so he doesn't commit to something, and then find out there is a BMQ during that time and he gets called for it. If nobody had any reason to know the BMQ dates, the Forces would have no reason to post them publicly on the CFLRS website months in advance. It is a very legitimate question/concern for a hopeful recruit to have.

JM2345 said:
It can help him because he might be looking at some other commitments in life, such as a temporary job, volunteering, upgrading his education etc. If he knows when the dates for BMQ are, he can plan his life out according to those dates so he doesn't commit to something, and then find out there is a BMQ during that time and he gets called for it. If nobody had any reason to know the BMQ dates, the Forces would have no reason to post them publicly on the CFLRS website months in advance. It is a very legitimate question/concern for a hopeful recruit to have.

:goodpost:

Good news,

Your results came in and you meet the requirements for all trades for Officers and NCMs

You should be receiving a call soon for booking a TSD (Trade Self Descriptive) test and medical part 1 and 2

AWESOME!! :)

Recruiting Center:Victoria
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat engineer
Application Date: November 19, 2012
First Contact: December 5,2012
File transferred to Victoria : April 24, 2013
CFAT completed: May 28,2013
Med completed : May 28,2013
Interview completed: June 17,2013
Position Offered:
BMQ Begins:

Recruiter said I was eligible for both trades and that the earliest I would hear from them would be around august, so I guess its back to the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back