• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone here have a MAC?

Scoobie Newbie

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
I have a Mac Book Pro but can't log on to Army.ca on the new machine.  I enter my info, click the remember me box, try to do something and it tells me to log in again.  Totally new to Mac and my computer knowledge as a whole is minimal so laymen terms please.

If you're using Safari, click on "Safari" (next to the Apple symbol in the upper left), and "Preferences".

Click on the "Security" tab and ensure that "Accept Cookies" isn't set to "never".

That should do it.

Or download FireFox for Mac. Sometimes on the occasional webpage or web application I will run into problems with Safari and will need to resort to FireFox for specific things - so it's a good idea to have FireFox there on hand in case you run into a scenario where Safari goes a little funny on you.

Yes that was Safari.

Ok so I click on the Apple and get "System Preferences"
Then I get the following headers:
PERSONAL
Appearance, Desktop & Screen Saver, Dock, Expose & Spaces, International, Security, Spotlight
Followed by HARDWARE, INTERNET & NETWORK, SYSTEM

I clicked on Security and find the following headings:
General, FileVault,Firewall

I can't find a cookies settings here anywhere.

I should add the forum http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/  works fine and holds my PW and login details.

or this way:

Safari 1.0 (MacOS X)
Choose Preferences from Safari menu
Select Security icon
Cookie settings are shown in window
Choose your preferred settings

Thanks, got it now.  Although I had to select always for cookies.  Ah well its working now.

To be honest with you when I signed up for this board, it took me about a long time before I could see the board.  I couldn't get past accepting the Terms of Agreement.  I don't know what I did to correct it, I think I just upgraded my Safari.

I have Firefox but I haven't used it in a while.  Sorry I'm no help here.

Nope, I use Microcraps Vista  ;D

But my google-fu seems to work good

Don't worry Quagmire - once you get the hang of Macs, you'll fall head over heels in love and you'll never, ever turn back.

I switched from PC to Mac this past August after using PC all my life, instantly fell in love, and will never, ever, ever, ever consider going back to PC, or using any operating system even remotely associated with Microsoft.

Every three or four days of my life up to about August 2008, an incident would happen with my PC (anything from a simple "ERROR" message to a full blown system crash) that would strongly tempt me to throw my PC into the pool in my backyard.

However, after making the transition to the "other side" in August, I have never been happier, and I found that my overall blood pressure has dropped  ;)

Anyway, for me at least, the quote rings true: "Once you go Mac, you never go back".

Don't give up just yet  ;D

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
I think you will tire of me and my questions.  Just a matter of when. LOL

Nah, see, that's the thing about us Mac users. Us Mac users are a very friendly, open-minded species.

We can go forever.

We will never tire of your questions.

;D

infamous_p said:
Nah, see, that's the thing about us Mac users. Us Mac users are a very friendly, open-minded species.

We can go forever.

We will never tire of your questions.

;D

Its true, our knowledge that we are so far ahead of PC users causes us a lot of guilt.  As a result we are happy to answer any questions  :p

Right after I'm done playing around with all that free media software  ;)

I own a Imnac,
I love my Imac,

There is no chance that ill go back to windose or and other operating system.

Mac Is great, mac Is wonderfull

the only thing....the games...god there is not allot of choices.

When CoD4 Mac comes out next year I will die, crying with joy.

Drowning in tears of Online Gaming bliss.  ;D

Back