• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual Leave Accounting

Wright

Inactive
Reaction score
hey yall,
i need a little info/advice here, i was on OJT at LFDTS. I had my original 20 days leave for this fiscal year, plus days left over from last year that in an audit they gave me 6 of the 8 remaining days to carry over( my first thought that they cant do that anymore, but lookin into it t from the OR they said yes those days were mine)

i know you are supposed to keep track of your own leave. i am fine with that. i took two seperate weeks off in the summer ( one was 5 days leave, the other 7) equals 12 total right. on top of that i took two more off, one to drive a friend to the airport, and another for a wedding i hadnt officially used that day for the wedding yet.

i recieved an email before my three's course started to only have between 5 and ten days left, ( by my count i was at 13 days including the 6 from the blunder from 2006 fiscal) i went to the OR and requested and audit of my leave, they cam up with 19 days remaining, i told them i was postive that that was not right. i even came back the next day to check it and it was still 19, the clerk checked into it for me and it was still 19.

so with three weeks left until my course started i had 19 days, so i took 9 days( one i did not realise was thanksgiving so infact i had only taken 8) the wedding was in one of these days, so there was a double leave pass in there,

then by no means what so ever the DS of my threes came to me my first day informing me i had no leave left for christmas, LCIS 3's 105 training days, spans over christmas. i will still get a couple days off over the holidays, but does anyone know of a way that i can look into this without just using the simple LEave audit forms etc. i am on a strict course with no time permitted for appts etc unless they are medical or absolutley req'd

a lil help if any???

sorry if this is not in the right forum topic, could not find where to put this

Edited by Roy Harding to change subject title

Explain everything you just done on this internet forum in a memo requesting a complete audit of your leave. Don't forget tyo include all the factors you explained above and you will in turn received a signed written return which you can then hold onto if it were to ever come up.

If you go the Chief Military Personnel (CMP) website on the DWAN, there is an application called Employee Member Access Application (EMAA).  You can find it by using the index feature under subjects.  Just go the E and select it.  The EMAA program allows you to view your current leave entitlement and what you have used.  You could then use that as a start to get your leave records sorted out.

Good luck

thank  you verymuch, i leftout that i had checked on there it had also said that i had 19 days left. i will go thememo root and see what happens. for me to take 26 days leave in two months is a but bogus in my eyes, i would have noticed all that time off for sure

You kept copies of all your leave passes right?

Request a leave record print out from your OR through your course staff.  If you have access to your MPRR on the DIN you can check your leave record in that application as well.
Reconcile your leave passes against the print out.
Tada!  You now know how much leave you have.  If you have leave according to this put everything together, write up a memo explaining how much leave you have and submit it to your course staff for action by the OR.  Ensure you keep a copy of what you submit.
Of course if you don't have your leave passes all you can do is request a print out of your leave record and try to see if there is anywhere on there where you were on course or something similar at the same time you were on leave.

You mention that there was a double leave pass.  Do you mean that you used a days annual to cover Thanksgiving?  Or you submitted leave pass that did not have a stat holiday and then submitted a second one that did?

Some thing to learn, a very good phrase when dealing with clerks about YOUR admin is, "Can I have a copy of that?"  Then minute when, where, and from who you got that along with any explanation that was provided along with it.

it was oct 5th. i had originally logged it as annual day,
but then i got the email to use up days before course started, and october 5th was one of those days, do they enter in both passes, then i get doubled dinged, or just the one?

Back