• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Airborne Infantry vs Armoured Reconnaissance

TheAnnihilator said:
Does anyone know whether or not it will be open for next summer?

No one knows this.  What you hear to be true today could be outdated tomorrow.  Only take what you hear from a CFRC to be true, as they will be the ones with current information. 

TheAnnihilator said:
So from what i can see, Infantry is the more diverse way to go.

You are joining the Reserves.  There isn't that much to be "diverse" in any Reserve unit/Trade.

George Wallace said:
You are joining the Reserves.  There isn't that much to be "diverse" in any Reserve unit/Trade.

So your saying that in the reserves, there isn't much opportunity for specialty training?

TheAnnihilator said:
So your saying that in the reserves, there isn't much opportunity for specialty training?
Thats exactly what he's saying, what would be the point in having a reservist who goes one weekend a month and on tuesday nights be trained as a sniper?  Doesn't seem very smart from a money point of view.

Just a note on the specialty training available or open to reservists; I know of one unit in particular that has 10 Basic and 2 advanced mountain warfare qualified troops.  It also has 3 Close quarters Combat instructors, 7 Recce Patrolman 2 Advanced Recce patrolman.  It has 5 Urban Ops Instructors and 12 Advanced shooting Instructors.

The point of all this is that the training opportunities a there, it is just a matter of having the right people, who know how to make the system work the way it can, as well as be willing to up up the money or make the troops available to do the courses.

Good working relationships with a Reg Force Unit certainly helps.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your posts. All information was helpful and well written. I look forward to my experiences with the forces in the future.

Back