• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Protesters Response To "The Ex Charging Bison" Thread

paracowboy said:
you, my dear Sir, are a genius! I am humbled at sharing this board with one of your vast intellect and acumen.

Seconded. Where were you when I started university? That advice needs to be put on a laminated, wallet-sized card and issued to all ROTP Civie U students!

paracowboy said:
you, my dear Sir, are a genius! I am humbled at sharing this board with one of your vast intellect and acumen.

I kneel alongside paracowboy and xmarcx.

Cheers

xmarcx said:
So now people who used to be my friends and classmates. who I used to help out and explain the difficult stuff to, like to come up and ask me how I can want to join the army after everything I've learned over 4 years. They ask me all sorts of ridiculous questions, in fact I've been asked on 7 separate occasions what I'll do when I'm "ordered to shoot a child."

This is exactly what am talking about.  When has a Canadian soldier ever been asked to shoot a child?  Why would a soldier ever consider carrying out such an order?  Who is stupid enough to think that a soldier would even consider such an act?  Who is stupid enough to think an officer would ever order such an act? More important, who 'brainwashed' them into believing this crap?? It certainly isnt from our history! 

Hmmm....  Is that probum non poenitet on a soapbox?  Scotch in one hand, 21 year old gymnist in the other?  And why are all those guys kneeling and kow-towing?  :o
Curiosity question - why Anne Rice?  Apparently all your followers either read Anne Rice or understand why she is popular, but I am unfortunately unware of the appeal...    ???

xmarcx said:
So now people who used to be my friends and classmates. who I used to help out and explain the difficult stuff to, like to come up and ask me how I can want to join the army after everything I've learned over 4 years. They ask me all sorts of ridiculous questions, in fact I've been asked on 7 separate occasions what I'll do when I'm "ordered to shoot a child."

This goes to further my theory that education and intelligence are rarely proportionate.

I think our institutions of higher learning are really dropping the ball in the area of actually developing a rational, as well as educated person. How does one get the idea in their head that young Canadians give (or follow) orders to kill children?

I don't think I'll ever reconcile how some of these students can get their heads around such contradictory and ill defined concepts as "human justice", but they cannot understand why we need "rough men ready to do violence".

paracowboy said:

Add another, truely inspired thinking, worthy of an honourary degree.  :)

GO!!! said:
I don't think I'll ever reconcile how some of these students can get their heads around such contradictory and ill defined concepts as "human justice", but they cannot understand why we need "rough men ready to do violence".

Gives me a wicked idea for how to get ahold of 'men ready to do violence'...

Future advert for the GLOBE and MAIL

CANADIAN FORCES

The CF is a peacekeeping pioneer and market leader in contributing service members to overseas missions in
support of global pressures and burgeoning contries.

"Rough Men Ready to Do Violence"

Large westernized nation with small but mostly effective military force seeks a few good men (or women) for
overseas work
to lead the development of human resource operations secured by the end of a muzzle.  If you
thrive in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment, then consider this opportunity.  The human resource challenges
are numerous, but they come with an equal measure of excitement and opportunity.  Reporting to your commanding
officer and RSM
, this is a lower level management role in which your business-focused people management skills
can shine.  You will play a significant role in the development and execution of company strategies and tactics. 
Responsibilities include leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures, compensation and
benefits, and attraction and retention strategies.  A government organization, the CF has a large employee base that
requries a skilled leader to assist in achieving its corporate vision.

Had a little fun using this employment template from a G&M ad; amazingly, the parts in yellow are the only parts I needed to change! 
This started out as an ad for a company vice-president.... look how agressive they are getting out there!
   :threat:

Centurian1985 said:
   Hmmm....   Is that probum non poenitet on a soapbox?  Scotch in one hand, 21 year old gymnist in the other? 

Sadly, no ... more like a computer mouse in one hand and a crappy cup of coffee in the other ... if I were a true genius, this theory would have occured to me years ago ... damned youth is wasted on the young.

Thanks for the compliments, though.

Back