• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

25 Skills Every Man Should Know - Popular Mechanics article

GreyMatter said:
I think that deserves its own thread - time to split this topic?

No, but it's time for a move to Radio Chatter. Wearing a girdle with chaps may be something I have to add into the 25 things required to be considered an "old" woman list!!  >:D

I'll decide after I try it out!! (one more week and I am fully qualified dammit)

Oh hilarious boys and girls ...

Move a Radio Chatter thread into Radio Chatter where it belongs ... and get bumped with a negative. Some of you people kill me!! That's hilarious!! It's almost as good as the people who haven't posted anything in 3 weeks being continuously bumped with negatives.  ::)

Which is why they mean squat. Go ahead ... "Do me again!!"  ;)

Did I read ArmyVern's last comment correctly?  :o

cough cough ummmmmmmm Vern hmmmmmmmmm I think this is the point where in person I bite my tongue and walk away  :P

sigtech said:
cough cough ummmmmmmm Vern hmmmmmmmmm I think this is the point where in person I bite my tongue and walk away  :P

Then the move to Radio Chatter was justified!!  8)

ArmyVern said:
Oh hilarious boys and girls ...

Move a Radio Chatter thread into Radio Chatter where it belongs ... and get bumped with a negative. Some of you people kill me!! That's hilarious!! It's almost as good as the people who haven't posted anything in 3 weeks being continuously bumped with negatives.  ::)

Which is why they mean squat. Go ahead ... "Do me again!!"  ;)

you mean the points system? yeah I got a minus and I don't even know what I said!

NavComm said:
you mean the points system? yeah I got a minus and I don't even know what I said!

I don't mind them at all -- I'm going for a record. I think I was the first one to crack 100 (+/- total) (Am I the only one so far??) ... now trying for the first to reach -100!!

Giddy uuuupp!!

ArmyVern said:
I don't mind them at all -- I'm going for a record. I think I was the first one to crack 100 (+/- total) (Am I the only one so far??) ... now trying for the first to reach -100!!

Giddy uuuupp!!

Ok I don't have any +/- things.  Does that mean I'm brain dead?

emmiee said:
  Does that mean I'm brain dead?

Nah. I would say it's more that people haven't read enough posts from you to either press + or - .
Which doesn't seem to be my case.

Yrys said:
Nah. I would say it's more that people haven't read enough posts from you to either press + or - .

Nah, you're one of the people I was referring to earlier. Look at your score for cripes sake. There ARE vindictive SOBs on this site. Be proud ... I think you and I are the leaders in the negative department!! Chicks rule!!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Chicks rule!!  ;D

Well, I wonder why I think that's your thought as long as there no man in chaps around  ;D!

Thanks for the support  :).

I'm not sure.

As I went from around -4 to around -28 while not posting for a month I think meant that someone(s)
don't like me...

And as grabovcan
went to -4 in the 4 hours it took him to get banned, I would say someone is really passionate about ME !

I mean, jeez, that guy pissed so many people off, compare to what I think I'm doing!!!  ::)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/66372.0.html

Yrys said:
I'm not sure.

As I went from around -4 to around -28 while not posting for a month I think meant that someone(s)
don't like me...

And as grabovcan
went to -4 in the 4 hours it took him to get banned, I would say someone is really passionate about ME !

I mean, jeez, that guy pissed so many people off, compare to what I think I'm doing!!!  ::)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/66372.0.html

As per my PM ... it don't matter. No worries. It says more about those who choose to hit the - button than it says about you.  :)

Yrys said:
Holy crap!  Minus Forty Nine (as of this message!)  What have you done?  Unless it's in secret French that doesn't translate outside of Quebec, and maybe Edmunston, you, madame, have done NOTHING wrong.  Vern, on the other hand.....(j/k...please don't change my name to "Hairy Fairy the Pink Canary" or something like that!!!)

;D

Thought that I would have some fun with  my answers for this list  ;D

The List: How to...
1. Patch a radiator hose    =  Duck tape it will fix anything at least Red Green says so
2. Protect your computer   =  Keep it unplugged  no one can access it
3. Rescue a boater who has capsized   =  that's what a cell phone and 911 does
4. Frame a wall         =   I am sure I could do this one I have watched lots of Holmes on Homes  ;D 
5. Retouch digital photos  =   Walmart photo department
6. Back up a trailer  =  I did this once it wasn't pretty
7. Build a campfire   =   two words gas and a match (Please do not attempt just kidn )
8. Fix a dead outlet  =  Buy one of those Solar things from Canadian Tire
9. Navigate with a map and compass  =   Isn't that why we have  GPS  
10. Use a torque wrench   =  Does picking one up count as using one ?
11. Sharpen a knife    =   why sharpen an old one when you can buy a new one
12. Perform CPR     =    THIS ONE I CAN ACTUALY DO
13. Fillet a fish     =   I will stick with fish sticks its easier
14. Maneuver a car out of a skid     =  Tried that once ended up in a snow bank
15. Get a car unstuck    =   that's easy just keep pushing
16. Back up data   =  I can transfer stuff to a disk hope that counts
17. Paint a room    = again I watched lots of Holmes on Holmes
18. Mix concrete     =  Same as above I am sure I would do  just fine  ;D
19. Clean a bolt-action rifle   = Only Rifle I have ever used was a C7 and that was only a couple of times
20. Change oil and filter     =  I will just take it to Canadian tire
21. Hook up an HDTV  =  That's what friends are for
22. Bleed brakes       =   OK so there is one here that I cant do big deal
23. Paddle a canoe    =  hire a tour guide
24. Fix a bike flat     = just buy a new tire
25. Extend your wireless network   =  click on the wireless thingy and search for available networks

Now that's how you do those answers man style  ;D if all else fails just make it sound like you know what your doing  ;D

Mortarman Rockpainter the Not so Innocent ;-) said:
you, madame, have done NOTHING wrong. 

Blush! If you continue like that, I'll make a thread for promoting me  :D!

Thanks, but I think I'm too old to have do NOTHING wrong  ;D!

karl28 said:
4. Frame a wall        =  I am sure I could do this one I have watched lots of Holmes on Holmes  ;D

Ummm..."Holmes on Homes" is what you'll see on HGTV.  Holmes on Holmes is something on SexTV, maybe, and probably only late at night ;D

Back