• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2 snowbirds crash

Those of you who have libations at home, raise a glass tonight to a fallen comrade.  I know I will be...

Facta Non Verba

:salute:

:'(  :cdn:  See you in the next world.  Prayers to the families and the survivor.

My condolences to family and friends of Captain Selby.  :salute:

And a prompt healing to Capt Mallett.

My deepest condolances to the family of Capt. Miles Selby.
Everyone in the Lower Mainland and across Canada will surely be affected by his death.
May he R.I.P. :cdn:
Prayers also go out to the injured pilot. May he have a speedy and full recovery.

This is truly sad news. My thoughts are with his family, and now being so close to Christmas and all.

Wes

Another fine pilot lost, Rest In Peace Capt Miles Selby.  :salute: :cdn:

I would also like to offer my condolenses to the Selby family and the Snowbirds team. Capt. Mallett I wish you well during your recovery. I am sure it will be extremely difficult to recover from this terrible day.   :salute:

I heard some Anti-war person at school saying how, "he's glad that he's dead"..."that's one less soldier in the world".

I punched him in the face.
Capt. Selby was also my friend's uncle.

Corporal McDill. said:
I heard some Anti-war person at school saying how, "he's glad that he's dead"..."that's one less soldier in the world".

You gotta be fu**ing kidding!

Frankly I find sub-humans of this calibre not even worthwhile acknowledging, but I am glad ya did what ya did.

Recenly getting diesel for one of our trucks, I was approached by a woman who said something rude about Australian involvement in Iraq (I won't repeat it here), and infront of about 10 other people, she began to rant. I just said to her 'feel bettter now?' as I walked by her. She just stood there stupified, and did not even have a come back. Another waist of skin, air and food.

Don't let people like this get you irratated.

Cold beers,

Wes

I was going to comment on this yesterday, but I was disgusted to type an intelligent answer. >:( I don't care if you are a peacenik, a comment like that is disrespectful. Soldiers are human, they have families and loved ones to support too.

i was looking up the news this morning on ctv.ca, and noticed a poll:

Another Snowbird pilot has been killed in an accident. Do you think the squad should be disbanded?

Yes  651 votes    (22 %)

No  2362 votes    (78 %)

Total Votes: 3013

I for one am glad to see that thus far a large majority has said they did not think that they should be disbanded because of the accident and the accidents in the past. It would be a shame to disband a "national emblem" because of accidents despite the tragic loss. I believe they should find out what went wrong whether it be mechanical failure or not, that led to the accident in mid air and ultimately the loss of a pilot who served his country at home and abroad (Capt Selby flew missions in Kosovo, and has some 2,650 hours in a cockpit), and then correct the problem.

On another note, i was reading other articles about people discussing the future of the CT-114 tutors in the snowbirds.  if a replacement was called for because of the information found in the investigation, what would happen to the Snowbirds? with the cutdown in numbers of CF-18's the Air force is going to retain, (i heard figures of around 85) would it not be possible to retain extras for the snowbirds? Thus giving the Snowbirds a more modern Jet, same paint sheme could be applied as the tutors, and possibly tributes on the planes to the 6 pilots that have died with the snowbirds in the past. I guess all of this will be discussed after the investigation,

rest in peace, my regards to the families  :cdn:
Marc,

I heard about that. Very tragic.

I as well am disgusted at the comment made...people are seemingly lacking respect these days.

m_a_r_c said:
On another note, i was reading other articles about people discussing the future of the CT-114 tutors in the snowbirds.   if a replacement was called for because of the information found in the investigation, what would happen to the Snowbirds? with the cutdown in numbers of CF-18's the Air force is going to retain, (i heard figures of around 85) would it not be possible to retain extras for the snowbirds? Thus giving the Snowbirds a more modern Jet, same paint sheme could be applied as the tutors, and possibly tributes on the planes to the 6 pilots that have died with the snowbirds in the past. I guess all of this will be discussed after the investigation,

Marc, this was discussed at length in the Navy/Air Force/Joint forum a few months back. I think the general consensus is that unless someone else starts funding the Snowbirds, they won't be flying Hornets anytime soon. They're just far too expensive to fly, it's cheaper to fly the 30+ yr old Tutors.

Back