• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

15 April 2013 - 2 Explosions at Finish line of Boston Marathon

The latest ....
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 21-year-old found guilty of bringing terror to the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon, has been sentenced to death in the first case of an Islamic extremist who has been condemned to execution in the United States.

Tsarnaev and his slain brother, Tamerlan, had no formal affiliation with organized terror. But authorities believe they were influenced by Islamic radicals in the Russian region of Dagestan, where their mother lives.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was convicted April 8 of 30 charges linked to the bombings, 17 of which carried the death penalty. On Friday, a federal jury in Massachusetts agreed unanimously that he should die, pending an expected appeal — a process that could take months, or even years ....
Hamish Seggie said:
If he's sentenced to death, it's a good bet he'll spend 10-15 years on Death Row, while the left wing apologist lawyers, human rights advocates, and other various sheep will exhaust every appeal.
Zackly!
"Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has become the 62nd inmate on federal death row after he was sentenced to death on Friday for his part in the Boston Marathon bombings.  He will now join the rarified group of men and women (two are female) awaiting execution on federal death row; at 21 he will be the youngest. 

But despite the dramatic news from the Boston courtroom on Friday, Tsarnaev’s fate will take years to reach its conclusion. Many of his new federal death row peers have been sitting waiting for the appeals process to work its way out for more than 20 years ...."

> "Many of his new federal death row peers have been sitting waiting for the appeals process to work its way out for more than 20 years ...."

Interesting when one considers the fact that Giuseppe Zangara spent only 10 days on Florida's Death Row for the assassination / murder of Chicago mayor Anton Cermak.  ( President-elect FDR appears to have been his intended target. )

They should frog march him out into the exercise yard tout suite and strap a couple of pressure cooker specials on his chest and back.  Fitting.

Now officially for the "final needle" ....
Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev ended his long silence on Wednesday, apologizing for the pain and suffering he caused his victims before a judge formally imposed his death sentence.

"If there is any lingering doubt, let there be no more. I did it, along with my brother," Tsarnaev said, referring to the bombings carried out by him and older brother Tamerlan. "I ask Allah to have mercy on me, my brother and my family."

Tsarnaev, 21, bowed his head and clasped his hands in front as he stood at the defense table. Speaking in a low, slightly accented voice, he expressed remorse but never turned to face his victims.

He said he had come to know their names, faces and ages during his trial, but he did not address any of them by name. Two dozen victims had given powerful victim impact statements earlier in the day.

"Now, I am sorry for the lives that I've taken, for the suffering that I've caused you, for the damage that I've done. Irreparable damage," Tsarnaev said ....
If you're interested, prisoner's statement attached.

Annnnnnd now comes the years of appeals.

And assuming that the drug cocktail is available to carry out the sentence.

And that a moratorium on the Death Penalty doesn't come in.

And that his sentence isn't commuted to life with no parole.

And that he isn't able to convince a couple of corrupt prison employees to assist in breaking him out of prison,

He should be in paradise before dying of natural causes.

Sounds like they sent him here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

aka "The Alcatraz of the Rockies."

mariomike said:
Sounds like they sent him here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence

aka "The Alcatraz of the Rockies."
Almost, but not quite ....
.... A spokesman for the U.S. Department of Justice confirmed that Tsarnaev was being held at the high-security facility. The penitentiary is in the same prison complex as the ADX, a Supermax prison, but is a different institution ....
In fact, his name still doesn't come up on the "Inmate Locator" site yet.

6 Jul 2016

Patriots Day: The Boston Marathon bombing movie poster has been released.

"Patriots Day is one of several Boston Marathon bombing dramas coming down the pipeline. David Gordon Green recently wrapped Stronger, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Tatiana Maslany. There’s also Boston Strong, which has been stuck in development for the past few years with Casey Affleck and Daniel Espinosa signing on and signing off at different points."

Attachments

• patriot.jpg
    patriot.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 205
That will be a hard movie to watch for many, I suspect.  I know for me, it will have my blood boiling.

PATRIOTS DAY - OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER - HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c9IpI_pNGI

mariomike said:
PATRIOTS DAY - OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER - HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c9IpI_pNGI

Interesting POV from Paul Theroux: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/05/16/paul-theroux-the-day-boston-felt-the-world-s-pain.html

Back