• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

You know you are past your expiriy date...

Wilno Tavern...OMG now THAT brings me back in time.!!  Never would I have thought I would ever hear anything of that place on here.!  Thanks for the memory..    :nod: 

krustyrl said:
Wilno Tavern...OMG now THAT brings me back in time.!!  Never would I have thought I would ever hear anything of that place on here.!  Thanks for the memory..    :nod:

I'll snap a pic of it for you on Friday night as I make my weekly trek back to Pet ... just to give you the tingley visual reminder.  >:D

Sounds like a pic of the Macy House .......  Embassy ......... Shots may be in order too. .......... as well a shot of the building out back.    >:D

George Wallace said:
Sounds like a pic of the Macy House .......  Embassy ......... Shots may be in order too. .......... as well a shot of the building out back.    >:D

I was just back in behind there two weeks ago ... LMAO.  >:D

I have an interesting photo to submit on my post but it won't let me...grrrr.!!!!      :rage:

Occam - I had the Racal that you had to tune, lock and whack it in just the right place on the right side to have it come in on frequency! Proud to have been a Sparker!!!

Weather tapes in the teletype room had to be handled carefully so you didn't break them.

My official number began with W.

Sunday hangover soccer in Chilliwack.  It was something to do until the JRC opened at noon, the only bar open on Sunday.

...when you ask how ridiculous are people to actually worry themselves sick about being ready for BMQ..doing PT until they can't do it anymore...sleeping on floors to get ready for the field.

Whatever happened to showing up, having the shat scared out of your by the holy and mighty master corporal as he came towards you barking and yelling and fists all half cocked ready to strike? 
Whatever happened to having respect and fear all in one for the higher ranks?
Whatever happened to not calling a higher rank by his first name in front of others?
Whatever happened to NOT telling a higher rank {especially two up} to politely f&* off in front of many other higher ranks...for no particular reason?
Perhaps, it is time for some of us to pull the plug and say good night  ....when the time is right and there's good money in the bank..    :warstory:    :salute:

BYT Driver said:
Perhaps, it is time for some of us to pull the plug and say good night  ....when the time is right and there's good money in the bank..    :warstory:    :salute:

Way ahead of you ;)

Kat Stevens said:
Sunday hangover soccer in Chilliwack.  It was something to do until the JRC opened at noon, the only bar open on Sunday.

No, there was the Beer Machine downstairs in the TV room of the Officer's Mess - anyone else remember scrounging change on a weekend AM to get a can of Kokanee?

Well, being as I was a sprog sapper at the time, and the O's mess was way on the other side of the forbidden zone from the 1 CER shacks, the JRC was the only bar in town for us on a Sunday, unless you wanted to go ALL the way across Keith Wilson Rd to the Cheam Centre.

But what about the Jolly Miller?  Once had a Sgt DS who was base duty Sgt for several months running - he declared the Miller to be part of the base, and therefore while our course was CB we could still go there to drink...

There was no Sunday opening for bars in BC until about '84, I think.  That's why every bar in Sumas and Lyndon had parking lots full of cars with CFB CHWK stickers on the windshield every Sunday afternoon.

Ah.  My time in BC was post that time... thank you for making me feel not quite so old...

Kat Stevens said:
There was no Sunday opening for bars in BC until about '84, I think.  That's why every bar in Sumas and Lyndon had parking lots full of cars with CFB CHWK stickers on the windshield every Sunday afternoon.

The liquor laws in BC actually changed during early 1986, in preparation for Expo '86.  The Fleet Club was the only place in town in Victoria, and the ladies would line up to be signed in by sailors willing to blow their hard earned cash plying the ladies with liquor.  Then, all of a sudden - the Fleet Club was a ghost town on Sunday nights...

That's right, the laws were changed because the govt of BC didn't want to look like a bunch of backwater yokels to all the Americans and Europeans who were expected to flock into Vancouver for expo 86.

Kat Stevens said:

Those were good times. Remember the fight to get that damn beer machine into the snakepit?

That was the Rumble in the BC Jungle for sure.  Then  the BCWO tried to regulate it so it could only be used when the bar was open, kind defeating the purpose. 

Here's another one: Reddi Hot ovens in the mess, before them newfangled microwaves.  The club sandwich fluctuated between awesome and gross dependent on beer intake.

$.50 glass of draft, $.25 at Happy Hour, a tray full for $5.00!

Deteriorated brain cell challenge, can you name these three bars:

1.  Club filled with UNB-F students part wait up the hill past campus, circa 1984.
2.  Retro disco in same vicinity as Tiffany's in Lahr- famous for DMark shot nights, circa 1987. 
3.  Strip club in downtown Brandon filled with German troops, circa 1994.

Final Jeopardy, name three strip clubs (other than Tiff's) within 5 kms of CFB Lahr, circa 1986.

Back