• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTF? Another Monument Desecration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's needed is zero tolerance for anything negatively impacting special sites

With respect - I don`t see the joint City / CITIZENS/ Military effort on the Korean Monument

If indeed this act was deliberate, that is, some bizarre expression against the CF/military/whatever, I don't find it any more or less disrespectful than someone vandalizing a gravestone. I find all such things repugnant, regardless of (if any) motivation.

However, I strongly suspect that some here are giving far more credence to the underlying reasons for this action than are probably warranted. I have no idea what their motives were, but I think it most likely that it was the result of mental instability (not knowing/caring where they were taking a dump). Of course there are people who have temporary mental instability brought on by mood alterers both legal and illegal.

While the action itself is unquestionably disgusting (we are talking about feces after all), and socially distasteful, I don't think it worth one's time to assume that this is an attack against anything in particular.

Just the thoughts of someone who hasn't posted in a really long time.  :)

Yeah, with the st.johns one, I saw feedback on the news from descendents of ww1 veterans, moving.

Im not sure why theyd do this. Mindless anti-war protestors trying to make a statement in a stupid sort of way (which is turning up time to time), or vandlas trying to see their work on the news, I dunno, just dunno...

Eye In The Sky said:
Mandatory service of 3 years in an Inf Bn should be the punishment for acts like this.  Maybe then they will appreciate what the monument represents and have some respect.  But the punishment should also educate.

Yes.  3 years in a Reg Force Inf Bn should do nicely.  Any Jnr or Snr NCOs on the forum think they could assist in the education of these offenders?

i can't speak for the reg force, but we wouldn't want someone like that in my regiment, someone like that probley wouldn't finnish BMQ

greenjacket said:
i can't speak for the reg force, but we wouldn't want someone like that in my regiment, someone like that probley wouldn't finnish BMQ

Perhaps you don't know how to properly motivate problem trainee's then.  I have motivated them in the past.  ;D

Well unless the suspects are caught, charged and convicted, there's no real need for this to continue. Visiting violence on someone, drafting them into a FFL type of boot camp, or turning them over to a 'motivational expert' is not the theme of the thread. Everyone's had a chance to vent and project their disgust, and four pages is enough.

If something that has to do with the actual incident takes place and is published, contact a Mod. Usual caveats apply.

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back