• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"'Worst parking job' victim given car"

mariomike

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
"One victim in the YouTube hit "Worst Parking Job Ever!" found a brand-new car in his parking space Friday.":
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/719165---worst-parking-job-victim-given-car?bn=1

wow, how do you some people get there licenses.. :blotto:
but it's nice of the company to toss him a brand new car.

Ever driven in Toronto? I wonder every day how some people get their licence!!

haha, toronto is full of bad drivers, don't even have my learners permit yet :crybaby:. I hate the mto strike. side note: we talked about this story for an hour in driving school, she got charged with something. :pumpkin: (i really wanted to use the pumpkin before it was gone)

FDO said:
Ever driven in Toronto? I wonder every day how some people get their licence!!

What I never figured out about this city, FDO, is that they complain and protest about everything and anything.  But, traffic fatalities hardly rate more than a shoulder shrug. I guess it's the price we pay for not having to get around on the backs of animals.  :) The majority of people killed in car accidents in this city are not even in vehicles. They were run over by them. 50 pedestrians per year. That's not counting cyclists.
They say more people in this city die in car wrecks than by homicide. 
And that's just City streets without including the 400, 401, 427 and QEW passing through Metro. The OPP record those statistics. With 16 live lanes, the 401 across Metro is the busiest stretch of highway in North America.
I wonder if they brought back photo-radar - and donated the fines to trauma centres - if the public would slow down? The truckers weren't happy with the mandatory governors this year. I think they even had a couple of half-hearted protests. But it slowed them down.
It's not just Toronto. I read that in the 1980's ( when we had a smaller population ) well over 5,000 Canadians died each and every year in car accidents. Thanks to MADD, seat belt laws, air-bags, etc and stronger cars with built in safety features that number has been significantly reduced. Maybe people feel less vulnerable now? Fender benders, with the whiplash claims, have skyrocketed. Cheap gas back then may also have had something to do with it.
It's not just the quality of drivers, it's the quantity. For example, I read that when they planned the Don Valley Parkway Parking lot, that their wildest estimates of traffic volume came nowhere near what it moves today.
Perhaps some would benefit from Remedial Education?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDilD3wAxt8
You're probably not interested, but I remember very well when Black Flags flew on the big old-fashioned aerials of yellow Metro Police cruisers: "Not a tribute to the dead, but a warning to the living!"  :pumpkin: They used to cruise by the school just to put a fright into us!
http://webhome.idirect.com/~radio50s/#BLACKFLAGS

brandon_ said:
side note: we talked about this story for an hour in driving school, she got charged with something.

Failing to remain at the scene of an accident.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/Woman+charged+connection+with+driven+over+hoods/2158984/story.html

Occam said:
Failing to remain at the scene of an accident.
http://www.globaltoronto.com/Woman+charged+connection+with+driven+over+hoods/2158984/story.html

Apparently, the reason she got caught is because she was a member of the fitness club, and returned to the scene! A member reported her to the police.
I must admit, her SUV impressed me. She flattened those cars like they were Tonka Toys!

I was amazed at how quick the SUV jumped over the curbing and onto the cars.  Sorry for the two drivers whose cars got toasted.
Canada's Worst Driver should be looking for her....
And Darwin award should be awarded for her stupidity of returning to the SAME place a day later!
Good on Hyundai Canada for giving the guy a break.  Hyundai's are good vehicles.
:pumpkin:  just to use it  ;D

There's no way that X5 (possibly X3, not sure) got away unscathed from that.

We're not talking about a dedicated offroad vehicle, and the ground clearance isn't that much more than a car.  Even if the curb was used like a ramp, it's almost certain that there would have been significant damage to the bumper and fenders, as well as knocking the alignment out.

Very happy to hear that she was stupid enough to return and she's getting charged.

mariomike said:
I wonder if they brought back photo-radar - and donated the fines to trauma centres...
That would make it a charitable donation, right? Not one that takes away points too?  ;D

The truckers weren't happy with the mandatory governors this year...But it slowed them down.[/quote] Normally when they were in the passing lane, beside another truck, at .5 km/hour faster for 10-15 Km  >:(

BiikersAgainstDumbDrivers2.jpg

Journeyman said:
The truckers weren't happy with the mandatory governors this year...But it slowed them down. Normally when they were in the passing lane, beside another truck, at .5 km/hour faster for 10-15 Km  >:(

Oh, I have so been there.  ::)

Back