• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

winter indoc 2005 in extreme cold weather.

Kyle Burrows said:
CADPAT or OD youre still going to freeze.

Now here is where cadets say "OMGZZZZ!!! You have da cadpats?!!!!!!!!11!!!1/two"

And the RegF and PRes people say "You don't need CADPAT" <- I side here
If you have CADPAT or OD's theres no need to specify. a milimetre of thickness doesnt make much of a difference.  Good day.

well said. i think cadpat dry's faster. which is always good when you are out in the winter and get wet.

::) please dont get into another Cadpat versus OD debate again

we arnt. it is like burrows said. a millimeter of cloth wont keep you worn when in the winter.

For reference purposes, if somehow you were to come into ownership of the full IECS or ICE gear, combats are not intended for wear, period, in cold weather ops. They trap moisture, and will make you cold.

As far as clothing in the cold goes, the best way to decide what to wear is experience. Unfortunately, the only way to get experience is to go out in the cold... it's a bit of a catch 22...

i have invested a good some of money into winter clothing for winter camping. i have a parka which was like 150.00 and i also have some of those fleece clothing. they are amazing.

Back