• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

William Shatner for next Governor General

Well, to be honest, he'd have about as much influence on policy for RBC as he would as G-G (none!).

Given that I've been waiting 5 years for my commissioning scroll already, I'd wait however long it was necessary to wait to get it signed by him.

Petamocto said:
God forbid we would actually nominate someone with significant military experience to be the next GG like Gen Hillier or Gen MacKenzie.

Do you think Royal Bank would make Shatner the one in charge of economic affairs?

I agree sometimes you need someone from the outside to get you back on course if you have gone astray (like GM did), but at least you still pick someone who knows how to run a company.

Redeye said:
Given that I've been waiting 5 years for my commissioning scroll already...

You're not alone.  My scroll back-dated to 23 Jan 02 is signed by the current GG and Bill Graham.

Hey, at least Shatner (or at least his alter ego Danny Crane) believes in the ownership of firearms and the right-to-self-defence. From Boston Legal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcVDmX4ho4

Actually, after second thoughts I recall my post above if we all get Priceline.com discounts on vacations and hotels.

Pshaw.  I`ve got two, with the same commissioning date, but different signature dates and different GGs and MNDs.

My sister in law dated some schmuck from London (nothing against London, but with this tool) and the first time I was at his house I noticed something familiar on the wall and went to check it out and yes it was a commissioning scroll from the 60s/70s (can't remember the exact date, but it was in red).

I asked the guy about it and he said "Yeah I think that's my uncle's swearing in paperwork or something.  I don't know, I just have it up because it matches my vintage stuff".  >:(

Petamocto said:
You're not alone.  My scroll back-dated to 23 Jan 02 is signed by the current GG and Bill Graham.

In 02 the GG was Clarkson...

I can just picture him acting like his character Denny Crane from Boston Legal and the GG staff continually reminding him before speeches or meeting people not start with "I'm Denny Crane".......

A former Starship Captain, who travelled the universe, and saved the human race countles times, becoming GG of Canada, would be boring for him  ;)

The 'Shat Man' spent some time at Campion Collegiate (at that time, an all boys high school) in Regina during his schooling years.

OWDU

"Steve, Iggy, Jack.......can't go....much.....further"

"Beam me up Gilles, there's no intelligent life in Ottawa" (I am joking, people) >:D

Chico M said:
And Spock...for G.G  2 IC    :yellow:

The way things are going, maybe they will give Margaret Trudeau a shot at it. She reportedly said that she wanted "to be more than a rose in my husband's lapel."
/ just joking.

mariomike said:
The way things are going, maybe they will give Margaret Trudeau a shot at it. She reportedly said that she wanted "to be more than a rose in my husband's lapel."
/ just joking.

Well!  Then the "Legal Limit" will be raised to 2.0.  >:D

Mid Aged Silverback said:
"Steve, Iggy, Jack.......can't go....much.....further"

"Beam me up Gilles, there's no intelligent life in Ottawa" (I am joking, people) >:D

What do you mean, it is only a joke?  It is really truth.    >:D

Back