• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will they need to send it again?

Roofus

Inactive
Reaction score
-Denied into reserves cause of asthma
- the co op reserves program I wanted to get into deadline to apply and have er thing done is Feb 15.
- I am planning to do the challenge test too prove I do not have asthma

when I get the results back do they need to send them too Ottawa? If they do, I will not meet the deadline to get in the co op considering it takes weeks for Ottawa to get it sorted out.

Also, they told me I cannot do anything else (physical, interview) until my medical is done, considering the deadline i'm under, is it reasonable to ask if I could do the physical in the mean time while I wait for my medical doc appointment for my challenge test?

Your recruiting centre staff are the best people to talk to on this. If they tell you that something has to be done a certain way, then whether you like it or not, it has to be done that way. They are in a better position to give you guidance on any unique situation than anyone on this site. Give them a ring or stop by there tomorrow and see what they say.

Granted this is not the authoritative answer, but generally you won't be allowed to proceed until you are medically cleared.

As for being medically cleared of Asthma, you'll have to talk to a Dr... usually it involves a Methacholine Challenge test or a Pulmonary Function Test. If you want to save yourself time, have those done ahead of time.

At the end of the day, you'll have to talk to the recruiting centre to see what you need.

Good luck.

Just to update:

I did the methacholine challenge test. I passed it. Because of the deadline to get everything done for the co op, they let me go on with the pt test and interview I passed everything and im 'in' but I was told that my test results are being sent to Ottawa and if the people in Ottawa still find me medically unfit then I will be automatically released.

On the rejection letter I received from Ottawa before it said "The medical documents indicate that you have been diagnosed with asthma (triggered by cold temperature and upper respiratory infections)"

I am nervous that they will reject me still... the methacholine test showed that the methacholine had zero change on me and that I do not have asthma, but i am still worried... what normally happens in this situation? do people get in or??

All I can say is, for the best answer you should call the CFRC and talk to the medical staff.

Back