• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

White Leather Dress Gloves Where To Get?

medaid

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wandering if any one know where to get white leather dress gloves for wear when wearing full whites? I've seen some Marines have it, but I never got a chance to ask them, and I googled, but nothing really came up. These white gloves are the exact look as the cotton or satin ones we wear, except they're leather. Maybe, Matt can help? Cheers! Thanks in advance! :salute:

I'm jumping in just so I can get a potential reply as well.  I have yet to be brave enough to bleach a pair of our Hatch search gloves, as we only get one pair per year. 

I hate... saying this...  cause it seems I do this a lot

Dave Hiorth  -  Army Outfitters

has leather white army gloves
he also has the hard to find Brown leather army gloves

1695 Avenue Road
Toronto
Ontario
Canada
Zip Code

Telephone: (647) 436-0876

Or you can PM here on the site... his name ... army outfitters (go figure)

edit... I did find sizing a tad bit odd for the white gloves.  Mediums seemed small,
large seemed to be good for medium sized hands.  I fitted people back a year ago
so double check with him on size.... cause I don't really remember if it was the white
or the brown that fit differently.... IF i remember correctly.

MedTech said:
I was just wandering if any one know where to get white leather dress gloves for wear when wearing full whites? I've seen some Marines have it, but I never got a chance to ask them, and I googled, but nothing really came up. These white gloves are the exact look as the cotton or satin ones we wear, except they're leather. Maybe, Matt can help? Cheers! Thanks in advance! :salute:

Whites are a summer/tropical uniform. Why would you need to wear gloves at a time of year when you'd wear whites? The only white gloves I've ever seen worn in Canada are the cotton ones for ceremonial eg Pall bearers at a funeral.

Trinity

Are we talking "White Gloves" or "White Gauntlets" here, when you refer to Army Outfitters?

Many Units are getting Gauntlets for their Scarlets and Ceremonial Uniforms.  I haven't seen many, if any, white leather gloves.

some people prefer to wear the kid leather white gloves instead of the thin white cotton gloves units wear on ceremonial occasions.

Problem with them is that they are hot, so you sweat & they stain (from the sweat) & they shrink / shrivel as they dry.  Have had two pairs & given up. I have gone back to cotton - but gone for a better quality cotton glove

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Whites are a summer/tropical uniform. Why would you need to wear gloves at a time of year when you'd wear whites? The only white gloves I've ever seen worn in Canada are the cotton ones for ceremonial eg Pall bearers at a funeral.

No no not the white uniform, but ceremonial whites, as in the white sword belt, and gloves.

Found this.

http://www.gloves-online.com/drummers_gloves.htm

Might be worth a look.

George Wallace said:
Trinity

Are we talking "White Gloves" or "White Gauntlets" here, when you refer to Army Outfitters?

Many Units are getting Gauntlets for their Scarlets and Ceremonial Uniforms.  I haven't seen many, if any, white leather gloves.

Call me crazy.. WHITE GLOVES

I was selling them along with other kit to raise money for breast cancer a while back.
DCO bought a set up at the JSR.  Many people did.  So did a lot of RMC officers.

I'll go to dave's... see if i can get a picture to post.

EDIT

Didn't go to Dave's... I found my pair instead.  Here are the pics.  Looks exactly like the cloth ones

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0670.jpg

Just to clear up an confusion. The white leather gauntlet gloves I have been supplying units with for cavalry use are different than the white leather ones they have been buying for colour party use. Slight difference but basically the same principal. I also have white leather dress gloves as pictured. They are used usually by senior NCO's and officers for wear with full dress etc. I hope this clears up any confusion. The sizing issue only related to the brown ones. Good luck figuring it all out people

I am interested in the ones that Trinity put up.  Not for Army stuff, but for our police Honour Guard unit.  The white cotton ones are a drag when you have to handle a rifle or flag in a colour party.  We have the cloth ones with the rubber pebbles, but they seem to get dirty really easily, and wear out quickly. 
So what are we looking at for cost, or is there a link to some sort of site?

I spoke to Dave today.

He's only got one pair left in the shop but has more coming
in next week.  So no worries on getting a pair, or two or ten.

I've posted his phone number and shop address in this thread previously.
Feel free to call him.  I have an IDEA on the price but I'm not going to
say just in case I get it wrong ;)  Rest assured, they are very reasonable

Thanks.  I'll ask the boss if rich Uncle Glenn might want to spring for some new kit and then I'll look into it.

Actually.. i think they do come in black... in the same style
which are different than the black dress gloves from Logsitk.

I have the brown and white...  my regt uses brown gloves with DEU's on occasion.
But I didn't buy the black off him.. and it was 2 years ago.. so I'm not 100% sure
he has them in black.. or STILL has them in black.

As for price.. I'll let Zipperhead's comment suffice  ;)

ZC, have you looked at the white neoprene gloves? They are supposed to be the cat's butt for holding on to flags etc without making your hands sticky.  They run about 13 USD a pair. 

niner domestic said:
ZC, have you looked at the white neoprene gloves? They are supposed to be the cat's butt for holding on to flags etc without making your hands sticky.  They run about 13 USD a pair. 

No, hadn't thought of that.  They would have to look decent, though.  I don't want to look like I'm supposed to be in a soccer goal. 

Trinity said:
Call me crazy.. WHITE GLOVES

I was selling them along with other kit to raise money for breast cancer a while back.
DCO bought a set up at the JSR.  Many people did.  So did a lot of RMC officers.

I'll go to dave's... see if i can get a picture to post.

EDIT

Didn't go to Dave's... I found my pair instead.  Here are the pics.  Looks exactly like the cloth ones

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0670.jpg

Those look nice! Just wandering if its possible to have the closure done with buttons instead of velcro? Velcro doesnt look too...um... professional in my opinion  :-\

Back