• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which recruiting centre

asianhistorian

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
According to what I researched here, if I want to join the reserves I have to go the recruitment centre that was directed by the website on CF recruiting. If my choice of location as to where I want to do drills is in Ridgeway but directed by the website for the commanders to size me up is in Brampton, and the recruiter told me to see a doctor, where should I see the doctor (the nearest recruitment centre is Mississauga)? If I were to choose between Ridgeway and Brampton for drills,  who should bear the responsibility to choose? Thank you.

I've read this more than once, I am still not sure I know what it is you are asking.

What the actual fu...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and answer your question.

No.

7391177.jpg

Wow... your question made me feel pretty stupid after I went over it 5 times.. Glad to see it's not me..!  :facepalm:

Please reformulate and we will be glad to help.

I think I understand the question, and have a helpful answer. If I swing and miss my apologies for wasting your time.

To join the reserves is a slightly different process than joining the regular force. You have to contact the reserve unit you wish to join and set up a time and date to meet and present yourself to the unit. The goal of the process with the reserve unit you wish to join is to obtain a letter/form to which you would then present to the nearest recruiting centre. Once you obtain the letter/form from the reserve unit you wish to join, take form/letter to the nearest recruiting centre, where you will also have to fill out other paper work similar to a regular force applicant. If all paper work is done correctly, and you are a suitable candidate, the recruiting centre will send the information to the reserve unit you wish to join. The candidate will then have to wait for the reserve unit to contact them, for further processing.

Keep in mind you choose which reserve unit you wish to apply for. The reserve unit decides whether or not they want you as part of their unit. 

I believe there is more detailed instructions throughout the search function, if you are willing to search for it. I found the response from Allgunzblazing in the thread "Reserves application: Getting the run around" April 04, 2012, 15:11:25 by ward 0043 to be informative. This is under the recruiting process section, but there are likely more helpful threads out there.

So you choose which reserve regiment you wish to apply for. You "bear the responsibility" to choose.  Understand if the recruiter told you to do something, do what he said. If a miss communication occurred, or you were unsure of anything ask the recruiter for clarification. What is the worst thing that can happen for asking a recruiter for clarification. :threat:                       

Back