• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Which bases are best?

jabraun said:
so kingston is best place for a single 20 yr old?;d

Matter of opinion I guess. I spent 2 years in Kingston and I HATED it. I found the town extremely boring and couldn't wait to leave.

I'm now posted to Ottawa which is the furthest thing away from a traditional base but I love it here. In fact, the only thing holding me back from remustering right now is that I like Ottawa too much.

Holy crap when i go up to Kingston to see relatives imn bored out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!! It could just be that we go to a quite neiborhood but the Kingston mall is pretty bad. The best thing is good old Jumbo Video.

You should visit AJ's on thursday and saturday night. The whole dance floor is full of girls by 1130. I've never seen anything like it even here in Montreal. It just depends what's your definition of fun. 2$ beers, drunk uni chicks and good music usually equals good times  ;) But apart from going to the 3 clubs they got in there, there's absolutely nothing else to do except go to the nice new gym they built. And don't go to grizzly's. Grizzly's = cougarland.

AJs? Oh god the mention of that place makes me cringe. Thank god it's just a memory :P

You guys should try being here in Winnipeg and having to go to the palomino club before complaining about AJ's !!!

Cheers

aesop081 said:
Or even worst...club camalot in gagetown !!!!

I've done Gagetown too and I'll have to admit that you do have a point :P

Thank God I'm in Ottawa.

don't know much about the other 2 clubs in Kingston, but i do know that AJ's is a pretty good/easy place to pick up (again, depending on how PC the chick is)...

I know that Larry's Pit Stop is quite a shady place.. but apperantly serves good food... never went personally, but saw the insides.. wierd place..

And of course, the wall-climbing place in Kingston's very fun... specially the huge chimney (40 feet i THINK.. can't remember if it's 40 feet or meters.. suffice it to say for my first time up, it was a b***h and a half!)... maybe meni0n can correct me on that

Hey speaking of Winnipeg hows it like there?  I heard to buy a house there its as cheap as it gets - true or ?

aesop081 said:
Or even worst...club camalot in gagetown !!!!

The Camelot is still around?  I was in Gagetown back in 96 and witnessed the horrors of that place.
Good to know it's still around  ;D

Yeah the camelot is still around although it is not in the same place anymore (i.e down by the mall) it is now where the old CO-OP store was !!  Bigger place but still the "kick n' punch" it used to be......

Whats winnipeg like...........COLD !!!  Houses seem to be pretty cheap compared to the other bases i've been posted to but thats because nobody in their right mind would want to live here !!!!

aesop081 said:
Whats winnipeg like...........COLD !!!   Houses seem to be pretty cheap compared to the other bases i've been posted to but thats because nobody in their right mind would want to live here !!!!

How.. completely.. true.

The only place worse is Shilo.. How I feel for the 2PPCLI, having to have left there for here.. As if Winnipeg wasn't bad enough.

Back