• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When worlds collide

Yea, i bet most here would try to shag her if she walked into the JR mess at 11:00pm in Shilo on a cold winter Friday night  ;D

Hey, for a short while it was

The Canadian Reform Alliance Party of Canada (aka CRAP)

geo said:
Hey, for a short while it was

The Canadian Reform Alliance Party of Canada (aka CRAP)

"Party" was never part of the name. The noun was "Alliance".

It was the media who kept adding "Party" behind "Alliance".

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Alliance:

"In 2000, following the second of the two United Alternative conventions, the party voted to adopt a new name - the "Canadian Conservative Reform Alliance", a declaration of policy and a new constitution. The new party's platform was a mixture of the PC and Reform platforms, but since former Reform members dominated the party, it was largely seen as merely a renamed and enlarged Reform Party. Former PM Brian Mulroney called the party "Reform in pantyhose," and some opponents referred to the party as the "Reform Alliance" to enforce this perception.

"Media covering the convention quickly pointed out that if one added the word "Party" to the end of the party's name, the resulting initials were "CCRAP" even though it, like the Bloc Quebecois, didn't actually have the word Party in its name. When it became clear after a few days that the joke was not going to subside, the party's official name was quickly changed to the Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance, but was almost always called simply "the Canadian Alliance.""

Loachman...

Meaculpa...... yeah - I knew - but remembered when the media got a hold of it :)

Colin P said:
Yea, i bet most here would try to shag her if she walked into the JR mess at 11:00pm in Shilo on a cold winter Friday night  ;D

Not a fair statment, at that time and place just about anything is shaggable 8)

Oooh... a qualified statement..................

Back