• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When will the CF be hiring again?

Occam said:
I just hope to hell you guys don't think this is like Ticketmaster putting tickets for a big honkin' concert on sale at the stroke of midnight on April 1.  I'm sure the information might take a few days to make it through the grapevine.

Well for myself the unit I contacted said they will know by April 1st LATEST, but I can understand about other situations.

dangles said:
Well for myself the unit I contacted said they will know by April 1st LATEST, but I can understand about other situations.

Yes, they MAY KNOW by April 1st LATEST - but that doesn't mean they will have completed the work by 0805 a.m. that day to know who will get offers.  They will work through their lists in priority, many people will say "yes" to the offers, some may say "no," and it may take a few days before all the offers have been made. Even after that some people may change their mind and later calls will be made to fill in the gaps. Just because they will have information to start with by 1 April doesn't mean that every applicant can call the CFRC (or their Reserve unit) that morning and expect an answer. I would bet that many staff of the CFRCs will be doing nothing on 1 April expect answering the phone to tell people to wait until they are called, and that will add to delays in getting information out.  If you are waiting for a call from a Reserve unit, you may in fact have to wait until the evening of Thursday 7 April when the recruiter is working, if they aren't working full time.

That may be, but no amount of posting here will make those offers arrive any sooner.

Michael O'Leary said:
That may be, but no amount of posting here will make those offers arrive any sooner.

...and rightly so. Which is why I get a good laugh at some of these people whom, post after post after post, still cease to understand that concept.

If I can offer any advice on this it would have to be:

All you can do from this point until roughly the end of April and if your one of the lucky few who get selected is to just Hurry up and Wait... Go play some Xbox or hit the gym. Its the government of Canada it takes some time. 

Michael O'Leary said:
Yes, they MAY KNOW by April 1st LATEST - but that doesn't mean they will have completed the work by 0805 a.m. that day to know who will get offers.  They will work through their lists in priority, many people will say "yes" to the offers, some may say "no," and it may take a few days before all the offers have been made. Even after that some people may change their mind and later calls will be made to fill in the gaps. Just because they will have information to start with by 1 April doesn't mean that every applicant can call the CFRC (or their Reserve unit) that morning and expect an answer. I would bet that many staff of the CFRCs will be doing nothing on 1 April expect answering the phone to tell people to wait until they are called, and that will add to delays in getting information out.  If you are waiting for a call from a Reserve unit, you may in fact have to wait until the evening of Thursday 7 April when the recruiter is working, if they aren't working full time.

Fair enough...they are actually waiting to see if they can even hire any more positions because apparently since they are one of the bigger reserve units they also face the most cuts [The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada]. Also, the recruiter is only in the office on Wedsnesdays, and April 1st is a Friday so I guess I can expect to be waiting a bit longer for the results.

I checked with two different recruiting centres and they confirmed that AEC is only opening for skilled applicants because they don't have the available training. I am not quoting this as fact, merely passing along the information.

jemcgrg said:
I checked with two different recruiting centres and they confirmed that AEC is only opening for skilled applicants because they don't have the available training. I am not quoting this as fact, merely passing along the information.

Sorry, but what's AEC?

Also, I think the "in demand" page was updated on CF webpage.

In case anyone is still curious the CF had enrolled between 4600 and 4800 people for FY 10/11

Gizmo 421 said:
In case anyone is still curious the CF had enrolled between 4600 and 4800 people for FY 10/11

Interesting. I wonder what it will be for FY 11/12. Three quarters of that? Half maybe?

Or are they trying to steer clear of more 2 year wait times for training (holding on to a bunch of people who aren't employable in their trade), and being in trouble with TB for being over the paid strength ceiling?

agc said:
Or are they trying to steer clear of more 2 year wait times for training (holding on to a bunch of people who aren't employable in their trade), and being in trouble with TB for being over the paid strength ceiling?

As far as I've been told it is the training issue. That is why they aren't hiring MARS or AEC anyway

Back