• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

Thanks for sharing, I've been calling the Toronto office every 3/4 weeks and unfortunately they don't have any concrete details about the NOAB themselves. I'd love to say that no news is good news, but unfortunately this isn't one of those cases.

You would think with; A. The recent ship building contract B. The development in the Arctic and C. The high turnover rate of MARS officers, that they would put forth the funding towards a new NOAB. Could this be a case that the ships we have are going to be grounded for quite some time due to renovations and there are none available for training? Has anyone heard of any good or bad news regarding this subject. Reserve life is easy to pocket some cash but I would hate to have to buy back any more years towards my pension in the future.

JMacNavy said:
You would think with; A. The recent ship building contract B. The development in the Arctic and C. The high turnover rate of MARS officers, that they would put forth the funding towards a new NOAB. Could this be a case that the ships we have are going to be grounded for quite some time due to renovations and there are none available for training? Has anyone heard of any good or bad news regarding this subject. Reserve life is easy to pocket some cash but I would hate to have to buy back any more years towards my pension in the future.

There is absolutely nothing that will affect booking of a new NOAB other than positions in the NTO and MARS trades coming available due to backlogs in the training pipeline being cleared. I don't think it's nearly as bad on the NTO side of the house, but right now Venture (The Naval Officer Training Centre where MARS folks get their initial trades training) is absolutely chock-full of Acting Subbies facing the prospect of waiting months until their next course. Hiring a new batch now would be a waste of taxpayer money.

And yes, the lack of availability of ships through the HCM FELEX refits will have a significant impact in our ability to get the people we already have the sea time they require to progress their training packages once they actually get to the fleet.

Fair enough, this is the first I heard of Venture being backed up. Everyone of my friends have been course loaded right out of RMC for NETPO, MARS 3 and MARS 4. Maybe they are on top of the ball so to say.

Good evening folks,

I have read this message board for a few years now but I am just signing up now as a last resort resort on my quest for a straight answer.

My story is much like everyone else. I have 2 degrees (HBA-History/BED) and applied to the NAVY in May 2010. I was merit listed for DEO- MARS in July/August 2010. I was told that some time before 2011 I would be going to the NOAB. It has been a year and a half since I applied and I know less information now than I did then, and I cannot get a straight answer anywhere. When I spoke with my original recruiter I knew about NOAB's (from this message board) that he did not even know about, apparently because he someone didn't get on the email list. I have heard that MARS did not open in 2011 but would be in 2012. I also found out that a lot of the stuff I was rushed through in July 2010 had now expired and would need to be redone. I have read on here that the NOAB has possibly been discontinued and the NAVY is going a different route with its selection process. I applied for 2 more positions in November and called North Bay to discuss those applications. They said by December someone would contact me about everything, still nothing. I also saw that MARS is accepting applications again, so that would lead me to believe they have spots to fill.

Any information at this point is good information.

I apologize that my first post is more of a venting than anything but I am beginning to get frustrated with this process. I guess my questions would be...

What exactly is the status of MARS Officer recruiting?

What is the deal with the NOAB?

Why do all recruiters have different information? lol

Anyhow, as I said any information on DEO MARS and/ or the NOAB would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hello,

The RC that I am in contact with tells me that the job openings shown in the CF website are mostly for ROTP candidates. (This was told to me in December last year before they closed for the holiday season).

As far as the NOAB is concerned, it may be that the Navy is taking a different route for selecting officer candidates. This is purely my speculation, based on a post I read here about a person who has been offered a Navy (officer) trade without going through the NOAB.

I contacted the RC today and was told to call back tomorrow because they are still waiting for information about trades which are open/ closed.

You could also send an email to jobs@forces.ca.

I hope this helps,

AGB.

Allgunzblazing said:
Hello,

I contacted the RC today and was told to call back tomorrow because they are still waiting for information about trades which are open/ closed.

You could also send an email to jobs@forces.ca.

AGB.

any new information?

The recruiter told me that there was a high likelyhood of the trades which have a green check mark to open in the next fiscal. He also said to check every week, because as soon as they are given firm numbers from HQ, they are going to start accepting/ reopening applications for those positions.

Newest info I have from my RC...NOAB for MARS will not be happening until September...they couldn't believe I have been waiting for 2 years, oh well!

Back