• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When is the BMQ in ottawa

cutie_here

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been trying to find out when the BMQ is in Ottawa, i have tried for 4 weeks and no success could someone help me with this information, i would be greatly thankful for any information given .
thank you
            cutie_here  :cdn:

Have you contacted the CFRC(Ottawa), 66 Slater Street, (905) 721-5299 ? If you had of called them, you would know the local PRes units that offer BMQ through the year, or in the summer. If they are too busy to answer the phone, go to their offices, or use the online "Chat with a Recruiter" method or email.

cutie_here said:
I have been trying to find out when the BMQ is in Ottawa, i have tried for 4 weeks and no success could someone help me with this information, i would be greatly thankful for any information given .
thank you
            cutie_here  :cdn:

Here's the thing: from the time you sign on the line, swear in, and start PAT; you will hear ten different dates. You are going on this date. A week later...this date. Some dates are cancelled or moved. You also have to keep in mind that you have no idea how long it is going to take to process your file. Chances are the CFRC doesn't know unless you get a Reservist who is working there. It doesn't hurt to ask them though and pick up a list of Reserve Unit Contacts while you are there.

The person who is most likely going to be able to answer that question is the Unit Recruiter. I would suggest you contact them. Better yet, if you haven't already been, visit the Unit of choice and get things started with their Recruiting staff. The reason is if you leave a voice mail or email, they are working part time. It might take them a while to return your call.

Good luck

I have have signed up,  did all the rest aptitude test, part of the medical and interview.... signed up as a reservist, the unit is Cameron highlanders in Ottawa....
I know that the BMQ is in October but i don't know the exact date...
        Cutie_here  :cdn:

cutie_here said:
I have have signed up,  did all the rest aptitude test, part of the medical and interview.... signed up as a reservist, the unit is Cameron highlanders in Ottawa....
I know that the BMQ is in October but i don't know the exact date...

You are TOO late.  BMQ started on 16 Oct in Ottawa.  Maybe you will be lucky to get on one in the Spring, if there is one being run.  There are to be no courses being run in the month of June, so you may be out of luck until later in the Summer or next Fall.

The BMQ we're running has already started. When did you get your paperwork in? Have you started reporting to the unit on Thursday nights yet? If so, who were you reporting to?

I'm not sure if we've got another one running in the spring. You may be in for a wait. We filled our annual intake very fast this year. The regimental calendar does seem to indicate there being a BMQ running in late March, which I can only assume would be a new serial of the course.

You should receive instruction once your application to join is finalized, if it's not already. We only run BMQ a couple times a year, unfortunately there's no way around that.

Not that it is set in stone but the National Calendar has 2 courses running in the new year for Ottawa.

BMQ - OTTAWA OTTAWA 15/Jan/10 30/May/10
BMQ - OTTAWA OTTAWA 29/Jan/10 6/Jun/10

is the actual BMQ in Ottawa or do you meet at the unit to be picked and brought somewhere else?

Back