• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's your Xmas Tree Look Like This Year?

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
The past couple of years, since we don't have kids who want a big honkin' tree, we've been decorating a little rosemary bush - doesn't take up much room, still a bit of something to put presents around, and after the holidays, the branches get put into the freezer for cooking with.

Also, as an FYI, in Italy, these kind of rosemary bushes are used as hedges, and because of the heat, they actually bloom (check out the photo with the little blue flowers).

Hoping to see other people's trees here as well - enjoy!

Wife just finshed ours.  Don't mind the crazed looking cat to the left.

Robbie said:
Don't mined the crazed looking cat to the left.

Holy smokes off topic but that cat looks like a robot...or something out of some anime thing powering up...preparing for great justice none the less!  ;D

Ours was decorated and all pretty looking...untill the day after we put it up and our 5 cats decided it was their new climbing toy.

DSCF5056.jpg

To funny ixium.  We have two cats and had to put plastic ornaments at the bottom of the tree because the like to turn them in to chase toys.

I'm a little browned off at this year's tree......REALLY DRY!!
SooprStore might just get it back.

We could name this thread Cats Gone Mad! and just included
the coniferous vertical cat toys we erect for effect.

We don't put up a tree at work anymore, just at home.
The cats there ride them into the ground enough times
and we can't get the lights to work anymore.
At home they just chew the homemade paper stars.

Rosemary's a great herb!  Use it to season the turkey
and the cats will leave it alone!

My two daughters came home found the tree in the basement and the ornaments, lights and other dohickeys and put it up and decorated it. I sat back with a nice large glass of rum and coke and watched the festivities, of course with a big frown on my face, after all I have to play the part...

Lifes good when you can get others to do it for you, just by uttering "Ba Humbug"

And then it's "lets get dad into the christmas spirit routine"

Works every time ;D

Robbie said:
To funny ixium.  We have two cats and had to put plastic ornaments at the bottom of the tree because the like to turn them in to chase toys.

Robbie, ixium:

Our tree is quite similar in appearance.

It's still in a box in my garage, and if it were up to me it'd stay there.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/v/Parts+Department/53400237.JPG.html?action=gallery

Since I bought a house last friday... I did manage to get my christmas tree ready

here is a picture

box01.jpg

Here's the tree,

tmpphpdD128Q.jpg

here's the stockings,

tmpphph4IvUz.jpg

and here's the table.

tmpphpSpWyS2.jpg

Sorry, no freaky cats!  ;D

A christmas tree.....the morning after

Gap,

You brought a tear to my eye!

A thing of beauty indeed.......except .......no cats!

If I drank that much, there's no way those empties would be stacked so neatly!  :cheers:

PMedMoe said:
If I drank that much, there's no way those empties would be stacked so neatly!  :cheers:

...not to mention what might have happened to the cats  ;D

milnewstbay said:
...not to mention what might have happened to the cats  ;D

Oh yeah, I'm not really a cat person, so who knows what might happen...... Chinese food anyone? >:D  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Oh yeah, I'm not really a cat person, so who knows what might happen...... Chinese food anyone? >:D  ;)

Quick hijack begins.....

When my folks moved here from Italy, they used to take in boarders from the Old Country to help pay for the mortgage and give them someplace to stay while they got on their feet.  One of them I remember from when I was a kid INSISTED that if my mom cooked rabbit, she was to leave the ears on to make sure he wasn't being fed cat.  Riiiiight, buddy.....

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Back