• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

whats your favorite thing about cadets?

sgt.pongo

Inactive
Reaction score
hey all whtas your favoritew thing about cadets? mine would have to be drill and the people and evrything about it.so what is your favorite thing about cadets maybe we have commen interstests(cant really spell right now really tired and out of it).

I've only been in cadets for several months. So far, I'd say my favourite thing is the air rifle shooting.

I'm an pigeon so bear with me here...
anyway, for me the best is the flying, second would be the survival training.

My fac thing would most likley be the bushcragt and shooting the c11/c12 at camp

Pretty new to the forums here but i gotta answer this from experience, especially from being in both Army and Sea Cadets.

Cadets has given me the best times of my life, some things that really stick out are

Camp: CLI Adventure Instructor was awesome, simply amazing, 6 weeks too short. slept in tents for 5 weeks. Nutz!

C7 assault rifle and rappelling. These were nice to learn.

Field training, and eating in the bush.

I hated when i had to move, i was up for my Warrent officer promotion, NSCE testing and Marksman qual.

If i was still living in my original town, I would have finished all that stuff off. Went to staff ( I was accepted ) etc.

first would be survival training, second would be survival training, Oh did I mention survival training?  8) 8)

Well, let me try to count how many times Ive answered this question on here. Did you read through the other threads?

YOu know...Ive always seen everything turn into a feces throwing match between the monkeys I keep in my cadet forum..which is spawned from some kid wanting something and teh forum jumping on the thread like fly to shit..This has merit from the get go...we shall see how it progresses...

well thtas cool....did anyone go to vernon this summer....do they miss it....what other camp did people go to? do you miss them?

Lets keep this about favourite things... ok? ;D thanks,

I like bushcraft and fieldcraft.

As a CIC Officer, watching cadets mature as they progress through cadets and become self- reliant, confident and leaders. The best kept secret in Canada is the cadet program.

My favorite memory from my time in cadets was Staff.  Nothing was quite as fulfilling as passing on the the knowledge and experience you gained from your previous service to the "next generation".

I don't know about you guys... but after all these years in cadets, I think for me, now, cadets is like a social circle rather than a interest... I know it sounds corny but... the SNR NCOs at 2947 are the tightest bunch you'll ever meet... and thats what I like about cadets the most:  camaraderie.

So true. It's probably like that everywhere, if not in a lot of places at least.

What I like to see is cadets saying " I cant do that" the first time then seeing them having fun trying and cant wait to do it once more....

i have many things i loved, i retired tonight and I have alot of memories to show for it,

I have 2 things i will always remeber and love

SIC 2001, survival training in baggotville and getting my wings this past summer

hey kwan yuo were staff in delta 23 this year?....well you all of you people have way cool things to be intersted in.....i really actually like all of it....

Back