• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

PMedMoe said:
Woman says she's too pretty for work

..."The truth is my good looks have caused massive problems for me when it comes to employment, so I've made the decision that employment just isn't for me at the moment," the 33-year-old told the paper.

Because she's not working, Fernee's parents are covering her expenses including rent, gym membership and more than $2,300 a month in designer clothes.

More at link

Oh puh-leeze, she's not that attractive (yes there are pics).  Not sure what's more stupid, her for making that statement or her parents for footing her high maintenance lifestyle.

::)

To quote the eminent philosopher, Warren Zevon; "She ain't that pretty at all".

Or more to the point, from The Northern Pikes

"Her ego wrote cheques incredibly fast - But her personality didn't have the cash"

the dumbest thing I've seen, so far, today:

"Thibault, 73, said because she was the Queen's representative, she was above Canadian law."

Gimme me a friggin' break!!!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2013/05/23/20843821.html

"PO, I think there's something wrong with <x>. When I check, I have current but no voltage."

From a QL4-qualified ETECH-JR.

And not today, but from some years ago, from the lips of a tech: "I didn't know the rotor was supposed to turn."

"Scottish nightclub has two-way mirror in the women’s bathroom and women don’t know about it"
All in favour of only using two-way mirrors for criminal prosecutions or scientific study, say "aye".

All in favour of using two-way mirrors for creepy and adolescent-like behaviour, say "aye". Anybody? Anybody?

A recently-opened Scottish nightclub, The Shimmy Club, is under police investigation for installing two-way mirrors in the women's bathroom and charging male customers £ 800 (CDN $1,250) for a private booth to view the women on the other side, reports Scottish Sunday Express ....

I did not hear it or partake in this adventure but it has to be the dumbest thing of the week here.

The GF and I pulled over at one of the Green Belt Parks in the west end  of Ottawa along West Hunt Club, to feed our 9 month old twins and 2 1/2 year  children and change diapers.

As I am feed Patrick my  9 month son and the GF is feeding his twin sister Mary, I notice a group of 3 or 4 standing around a Jetta from Quebec and they are pouring water on pieces of wood ( logs)  that were smoking, like fresh from a fire, and the wood is still smoking, they  pop the trunk and put the smoking pieces of wood in the truck and take off.
I could not believe and the gf  saw it too and asked me why  would any one do that? Not worried about car catching fire or causing damage?

It appears that Authorities have made an arrest in this particular case.

I wonder if the irony is lost on this idiot. I'm pretty sure he could have found a better way of making his point about his Second Amendment Rights, and not end up losing them in the process.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/nyc-police-commissioner-letters-to-obama-mayor-complained-about-gun-control-had-threats/2013/05/30/5c9ead7e-c994-11e2-9cd9-3b9a22a4000a_story.html

The poisoned letters to Bloomberg and the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns essentially threatened that “anyone who comes for my guns will be shot in the face,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Thursday, shortly before the Secret Service disclosed that a similar missive was sent to President Barack Obama.

"Kids will be kids" when I gave a parent a "are you fucking serious" look when her stupid kids were at the beach swearing their faces off.

Also, stupid parents who bring their dogs to the beach.  Ya your dog just shit in the water where all the kids are playing. Yup that's what the BIG SIGN says NO PETS BEYOND THIS POINT. Douchbag.

The story itself is more funny than dumb, but the person who caused the alarm definitely falls into the category.

LAPD faces off with Call of Duty statue in game studio raid

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57587157-235/lapd-faces-off-with-call-of-duty-statue-in-game-studio-raid/

In this day and age, perhaps it's not the best idea to erect a life-size statue of a gunman and place it in the front window of your office.

Yet this is precisely what the Los Angeles Police Department confronted late Thursday night when officers stormed the building of game studio Robotoki. The LAPD, guns draw, faced off with a gun-wielding, very human-like replica of a soldier Simon "Ghost" Riley from Robotoki's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 -- that and a very startled Robert Bowling, the company's president, who happened to be working late that night.

You might think that the looming presence of a life-like gunman was what inspired the LAPD to raid the building. But actually, it was the result of an unknowing employee mistakenly hitting the panic button of the office's newly installed security system, according to gaming news site Polygon.

Bowling told the publication that the employee hit the button, saw that nothing happened, and left. How does Bowling know this? Thanks to one of the office's security video cameras.

Reports had circulated earlier Friday that the raid was the result of a "swatting" attack, a prank that involves calling 911 with the goal of having a SWAT team show up at a certain location. But those reports were mistaken, Polygon said.

Ghost's days as the inspiration for office decor may be numbered.

Backlash greets Cheerios ad with interracial family

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2013/05/31/backlash-greets-cheerios-ad-with-interracial-family/?hpid=z4

Here we go again, with more proof, if anyone needed it, that the post-racial American society some hoped the election of an African American president signified is far from here.

Who would have thought that breakfast cereal would trigger the latest racial battle line? In this case, a Cheerios ad much like every other homespun Cheerios ad — with a heart healthy message and loving family – ran into trouble from some commenters because of the kind of family it featured. Mom is white, dad is black and their cute little daughter is a mix of the both of them.

That’s it.

Cheerios had to disable comments on YouTube – I’m not going to repeat them but you can imagine the general witless racism with stereotypes about minorities and warnings of race-mixing as the end of civilization.

I didn’t take any of it personally, though my family’s morning breakfast ritual – black mom, white dad, son who is a mix of both of us – looks a lot like the ad if you subtract the general cheeriness before we get that first cup of coffee down.

The point is, it’s no big deal. Richard and Mildred Loving didn’t intend to start a legal case that made to the Supreme Court, which in 1967 struck down the bans against interracial marriage that still stood in 16 states. The white man and black woman from Virginia just wanted to get married and raise their family in their Virginia home.

The parents of Barack Obama married in one of the states where it was legal – that’s Hawaii, not Kenya – and his extended family portrait reflects the world.

The 2010 U.S. Census showed interracial or inter-ethnic opposite-sex married couple households grew by 28 percent over the decade, from 7 percent in 2000 to 10 percent in 2010. But feelings don’t always follow the law or the reality of the lives people now live. When a no-longer-enforced state law was placed on the ballot in South Carolina in 1998, 30 percent still favored the ban while 62 percent voted to get rid of it.

The holdouts have to realize that the numbers are hardly going to start moving in the other direction in our increasingly diverse society.

For its part, Cheerios has said the ad stands. Camille Gibson, vice president of marketing for Cheerios, told Gawker, “Consumers have responded positively to our new Cheerios ad. At Cheerios, we know there are many kinds of families and we celebrate them all.”

In making this ad, Cheerios is just reflecting the new reality, and might be gaining themselves many more customers than those inclined to punish them – if those folks even ate the cereal to begin with. Just as young people today think living in an America with a black first family in the White House is just the way it is, children who see a family like their own on TV will hardly give the ad a second glance.

Video at link

Not so much dumb as sad, I suppose...

While getting hair cut:

Stylist: Any plans for tomorrow?
Me: Yes, marching in the D-Day parade in Kitchener.
Stylist: Oh. What is a "D-Day?". I've never heard of that.

<sigh>

Burrocricy at it finest

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/31/wdr-moore-tornado-relief-us-border.html

Tank Troll said:
Burrocricy at it finest

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/05/31/wdr-moore-tornado-relief-us-border.html

Then the relief that the people will not get is the fault of the US  government. Bloody idiots. :facepalm:

1. Heard on the radio while driving home the other day that NB is recalling all license plates that begin with J-A-P because too many people called to complain they were uncomfortable with license plates that depicted a racist term... ::) Some people just need something to worry about...I would never have even given that a second thought. So now, everyone with those license plates has to bring them in to get exchanged...just seems like a huge waste of tax payers money...but whatever.

2. Also while listening to the radio on my way home....a 13 foot dock had gone missing from the Fredericton Rowing Club, a few days later the police found it. A homeless man had stolen it and was attempting to float his way to Saint John. He was also arrested for possession of drugs, go figure.. ;)

Here in N.S. they purposely did not make plates that had the letters F-A-G even though they were the next letters to come out. So there was some forward thinking here by some one.

When Ontario got to BDSM, it took me a while to realize that they weren't all personalized plates.  ;)

kim kardashian and kanye west naming their daughter North setting the poor kid up for a life time of name jokes.
Comedians already started joking about her "North West Passage".
Morons.

Back