• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

PJGary said:
So I saw this comment and almost spat up my coffee, I had totally forgot this was the "Dumbest thing you've heard today" thread  :rofl:
Civvie here, I don't suppose you would mind explaining this, would you?

FlyingDutchman said:
Civvie here, I don't suppose you would mind explaining this, would you?

Wainwright is not, has not, was not, were not, can not, won't not, and never will be appealing.

Actually, I liked Wainwright. Also Shilo.

Of course, my great ambition in life is to eventually become a hermit in an isolated shack....

a Sig Op said:
Wainwright is not, has not, was not, were not, can not, won't not, and never will be appealing.

Actually, I liked Wainwright. Also Shilo.

Of course, my great ambition in life is to eventually become a hermit in an isolated shack....
It is only a small town in the middle of nowhere that I would need to go to for any training I would recieve, it cannot be that bad. *Telling himself that in hopes it will be true.*

While doing a nav ex:
Me: Put away the GPS and use your compass
other guy: Compasses doesn't work in the woods
me: WT?

Pusser said:
I always get a kick out of how we sometimes can't bring ourselves to make a law prohibitng something, so we skirt the issue by criminalizing the things associated with it.

So we make a specific reference in teh Criminal Code to a simple, normally non-criminal activity that is merely associated with engagement in an ancient commercial enterprise, but (at least in my experience) it's OK to block traffic for blocks by stopping in a no-stopping zone in downtown Ottawa just because you're an a$$!!!??? :pullhair:  (Sorry pet peeve).

Okay, you got me started. I have been in Ottawa 9 months now:
Traffic laws....are mere suggestions,
Green, yellow, red...all the same,
Pedestrians DO NOT EXIST and therefore there are no rules regarding them,
The big white word on the red octagonal signs around the city is obviously obscured...everywhere!,
Same goes for the word above the number on the speed limit signs, and finally
If your 4 ways are on, you can do whatever the f*** you want wherever you want!

My peeve!

That said, at the recent interrment of my parents ashes in Oakville, ON, I was asked by one of the cemetary workers if I was "private security or something" (I was in uniform) with "Canada" on my shoulders and big gold anchors on my peak cap and over my name tag (and a big "NAVY" sticker on the car I was standing beside). This is probably the same guy who is colour blind when driving...an illiterate!

How about the interviewer on CTV yesterday during the shipbuilding announce ment asking a retired VAdm:

Her: Well Why don't we get them built in Chine where it's cheaper, and get more of them"

I brought that one up on the "elevator" at ***** today-Got a really good look and a question - "Really?"
Anyway, can only say there is news coming...promise.....wait for it.

My facebook fun... It was over a picture on facebook. I always called my ID disks as dog tags.

Patrick Stafford: No, heroes wear ID Discs. Baby butchers wear dog tags. There's nothing heroic about attacking unarmed civilians in a country with no military.
23 hours ago · Like.

Me: Well I'm a baby butcher then. Go figure.
23 hours ago · Like.

Patrick Stafford: Did you think all those Iraqi children were born with American bullets in their bodies? Or that those families in Eastern Afghanistan wanted to leave their bombed out homes so your Arab American government could build pipelines to steal oil and natural gas from poor people? Hey, but at least you waited until the U.N. completely disarmed Iraq before you went in and shot everything that moved. Children move. Well, they used to. And I know every once in a while your "soldiers" pose with children so all the idiots in TV land will forget. I just hope that after the photos the children are killed quickly and painlessly, unlike the 1.2 million children under 5 who suffered for up to 4 years because of what the American bombs did to their little bodies.
23 hours ago · Like.

Me: Just because you were a wash up in the military machince.. doesn't mean you have to take it out on facebookland. You should give Bob a call.. he is amazing baby butcher out of them all. Oh, and 9/11 was an inside job. Make sure your tin foil hat is on a lot better before posting again, you oxygen thief.
8 hours ago · Like

Still waiting for his reply.

TN2IC out..

"I thought I could move the tarp before the forklift pinched me against the concrete loading dock".
He did not make it. Minor injuries again this time, thank the gods.

NinerSix said:
"I thought I could move the tarp before the forklift pinched me against the concrete loading dock".

Not the first time it's happened?    :o

NinerSix said:

Darwinism at its finest......

The "again" is in reference to the other guy (3 weeks ago?) who though he could put his hand in the mulching machine. I've been busy.

NinerSix said:
The "again" is in reference to the other guy (3 weeks ago?) who though he could put his hand in the mulching machine. I've been busy.

What kind of people do you hire? My four year old pirate grandson knows better.....(where's the pirate smiley?) ARRRRR
:skull:

Back