• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What up with the pay system for reserves comming off tour?

Actually and surprisingly DND T4's don't seem to be on the CRA's system bud.  I'd be very surprised if it was there.  I had to get mine reprinted from Ottawa through my BOR for the last two years.

After two months I decided the Army system was not worth the aggravation. I decided to get a copy from Revenue Canada. I did it by phone. I found out they don't do in person stuff anymore in Ottawa. They actually fired all the in person agents. (It was a great service, must be why they cancelled it.) I went in and they just gave me a phone. So phone and save yourself the aggravation. Revenue Canada will mail it to you. It took about 5 working days.

The glacial pace in Ottawa got me my paper T4 in August. They had sent the info to Revenue Canada on time though.

A few thoughts on this one:

1. CRA is a good way to get T4s if you don't receive them. That being said; whenever you move or on an annual basis take the time to ensure that your address is up to date in RPSR or CCPS (pay systems) and that your pay information is correct. This is often a problem and still doesn't guarantee there won't be some hickups.

2. Class C pay can be administered in RPSR, TF authorities and the broader pay management authorities are not yet keen on allowing reserve units to input class C contracts. I've been deployed using RPSR to administer my Class C, it meant my transition from A to C and back was flawless. Frankly, we should be dumping the onerous conversion of reservists to CCPS for deployments and doing it all in RPSR. It would take an equivalent amount of labour and save huge problems.

3. As with everything, get and keep copies of everything! To get your whole pers file you have to submit an Access to Information Request, but if you've got most of it your OR should allow you to photocopy a handful of docs here and there. This has saved numerous people whose pers files have disappeared in the system.

George Wallace said:
Reg and Res Pay are two different animals.  You clerk may have access to one, but not both.

Hells yes.  George you are right. (I can't believe that I just said this.  I want to start an arguement with you dammit!)

johnnyo

Now that you are RegF you aren't subject to these pay problems anymore.  Your problems of the past, with starting and ending Class C no longer exist are over; however those problems have not been corrected and many Reservists still face them. 

Miss you big guy.

George Wallace said:
johnnyo

Now that you are RegF you aren't subject to these pay problems anymore.  Your problems of the past, with starting and ending Class C no longer exist are over; however those problems have not been corrected and many Reservists still face them. 

Miss you big guy.

Its alot different from the last time that I was RegF when I took home less than a third of the pay that I get now.  There was a good point mentioned about how the Res pay system has been/is neglected compared to the Reg one.  This is definately the case and its very unfortunate.  I can see more folks leaving the Res due to be fed up with the neglect.  (A very bad state of affairs I think).

Back