• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What trades are available with Grade 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yak

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all. 

This will be my first post after lurking for a year or two - for the last few days I've been looking around for a topic that was sufficiently in my 'lane' and to which I had something half decent to contribute.  I've just seen the catastrophic post and resulting conversation from Conqueror, in early June, where the question was asked what was to be had if he quit school and joined ASAP, with only Grade 10.  There may be those who think that this topic was battered to death, but since I can't post there (it's now locked), I thought I'd revive it for a little while.

My question:  My suggestion would be that Conqueror take a run at the reserve.  Seems to me that this would be a lower risk way for him to verify all the advice he received from the members here while perhaps remaining in school.  In my stint as RSS I saw more than a few take this route, some stayed, some did not.  In any case it might serve to focus a person and clear any misconceptions about life in the military.

I think it was clear that he was somewhat troubled (and who at that age wasn't?) - hammering his ..... flat might have been entertaining at times, it probably didn't accomplish the aim - that being to convince him that the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side. 

Seems as though this is more of a comentary than a question, particularly as you singled out one user.

Care to clarify your question?

The Milnet.ca Staff

After reading the string of posts I was left with a question in my mind why someone would not have suggested this to Conqueror.  I don't have a problem with the advice he was given, but I don't think he got the benefit of all the experience here, either.

As to singling one user out, it was purely a reference to a certain string.

Just playing Devil's advocate.

Seen, so your question is: What trades are availiable to someone who has completed Grade 10.

I'm sure someone who works with the recruiting center will be along shortly to chime in but safe to say Combat Arms trades.

Regards

No, actually my question is more along the lines of why wouldn't someone have suggested the reserve as an option to this individual or to someone in a similar situation?  He got good advice, no arguement, but I'm not sure he got the benefit of all the experience here.

The post title is just a reference to the original.

It's very possible that someone may have through PM exchange or he may have gone to the recruiting center and posed further questioning there.

Regards

That may be true, however the question remains.

Maybe I'm overstepping for a new poster, but my question was intended to go a little deeper and examine motivations and beliefs.  After a certain point the conversation in question may have done more to alienate than educate. 

If true, why is this?  Is this the type of reaction we as CF members deem appropriate to someone who may be in a vulnerable state and maybe at a pivotal time in their life?  Never mind why the reserve was not suggested, why did the tone turn away from mentoring so quickly?  It was suggested at some point that he might have been posting just to cause trouble, but it seems apparent to me that he was more likely in some sort of (minor) crisis - which is common at that age.

I regret that I could not watch the boards at the time the original post was happening, as I would have probably hopped in sooner.  I do not want to appear to look like a lurker who sits back and second guess people.  I hope that if I had taken part in the post in June that I would be asking myself the same questions that I ask here. 

I probably would not want someone with his apparent issues in my section, granted.  But sometimes you have open a lot of oysters....

So let's recap.

Question: What is available for someone with grade 10?

Answer (1) - Go talk to the Recuiting Centre, as they are best equipped to handle the question.

Answer (2) - Check out the local Reserve unit, as a possible start point, while continuing your education (or not).

The tone and content of the previous thread is open to interpretation and not what the original question was about.

The answers have been give. If there is a valid point to add, concerning options for grade 10, contact a mod to have it posted.

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff

The following post, "Re: What trades are available with Grade 10?" by recceguy has been reported by yak on a board you moderate:

http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/64180/post-589895#msg589895

The reporter has made the following comment:
Please advise on why this topic is unsuitable for further discussion, and to appropriate means to raise this question if this is not the preferred way.  Thanks.

Regards,
The Army.ca Forums Team.

As stated above, the original question (about grade 10 options) was answered. You wish to discuss the dogpile that you perceived in the other thread. There's already a discussion on tone and content happening elsewhere on the board, go there and discuss.

Perhaps you missed this part above:

The answers have been give. If there is a valid point to add, concerning options for grade 10, contact a mod to have it posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back