• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What if I have to move after several years? (reserve)

oittoi

Inactive
Reaction score
I got very useful information and comments in the past, and I really thank everyone for it.  Well, I have another question concerning the reserve.  I'm planning to join the reserve in 4 years from now as a DEO, and I'm planning to stay with my unit as long as possible.  I think I will stay in the area close to the unit for about 3-4 years, but there's a possibility that I might have to move afterwards.  I will have to stay in that new place for 3-4 years.  In that case, can I leave the unit and come back later on and go back to my original position (rank) or do I have to start all over again?  I'm sure I won't be able to participate in parades or weekly training, and is there a policy of giving long-term leaves in the reserves?  If they don't, does that really mean that I have to quit before I leave and find another unit in the new place?  And would the new unit respect my old rank and experience?  I'm asking cuz I think I read somewhere that there aren't that many 30s and 40s in the reserves due to their civilian life career concerns.  Any comment would help.  Thanks! ::)   

Why are you waiting for three to four years from now to join the reserves?

To answer your question, if you move while in the reserve, you can transfer to another reserve unit closest to where you are moving.  Should you move outside the country for an extended period of time, you can get out of the reserves and be transfered to to Supplementary Ready Reserve.  When you return, you can apply to a new reserve unit and be transfered off the SRR into the new unit.  Rank is transfered with it.  Also, your rank goes with you from unit to unit.

PJ D-Dog

Thanks alot PJ D-Dog :)  I'm waiting cuz I still need to get my citizenship.  Even after that, some recruiters told me, I may have to wait for a few more years in addition if I want to pass the security clearance easier...  I need to make my stayed-in-Canada period little longer. :boring:

Back