• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Website Links - Do whese work for you?

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
I've had someone send me a message that four links on the front page of my website won't work for him on any browser (Opera, Firefox, IE6, IE7).  I can't find any issues in the code, so I need to know if anyone else is having similar problems.

The site page is The Regimental Rogue.

Please check the links on the right hand side of the main page for:

i) Hints for Junior Officers (1945)
ii) Standing Orders for A Coy
iii) Comrades in Arms (1942)
iv) The "Man in the Dark" Theory of Tactics and the Expanding Torrent System of Attack

I'd appreciate knowing if you can see these pages, and what browser you are using.

Thanks

Mike

I can visit the links using a desktop running XP SP2 with Firefox 3 and IE 7.
The same for my notebook running Vista and identical browsers.

All those links worked for me on a Vista machine and IE7.

Perhaps it a problem with the OS of the person who made the report.

Mr. O'Leary,

The links are all working for me--using Explorer--not sure which version.

Great website, by the way ...

Mike,

I just checked all 4 links and no problems here at all. I am using an HP Pavilion with Vista and do not have any other kind of add ons that would limit viewing the links.

Chilly

Works for me on MacPro OSX 10.5.5 and Firefox 3.
And on Linux as well.
But that is with the better OSs out there... maybe the problem is with a lesser OS as Mr Wallace suggested  ;)

Maybe is the persons firewall or proxy filtering those pages out for some reason.

cheers,
Frank

Thanks to all who checked the links.  It would seem that the problem is in the user's setup, will let him know and refer to this thread for his info.

Mike

Back