• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wait times for 031

031RCR

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just curious what everyone is thinking the average wait time is for RCR031 from being merit listed to an employment offer.  I have heard that 031 is a high demand trade and that people on the merit list are being moved though quickly, can anyone confirm this?

Also, if you have made a preference for RCR does that mean that you will no be considered for PPCLI offers?

Thanks to anyone who can help, answer these questions.  I am glad I found this forum!

i'm wondering the same thing. i got a call from vancouver letting me know that as of TODAY, i am merit listed!!  i'm also going 031 and am good to go!!

i don't think there is a specific wait time, from my understanding of it, people with highschool diplomas, wont wait as long as people without, as well as other things, you could always ask a recruiter, or one of the recruiters on this site if you Really want to know,  but i don't think there is an average time, but there is always a worth while wait.

mike said:
i'm wondering the same thing. i got a call from vancouver letting me know that as of TODAY, i am merit listed!!  i'm also going 031 and am good to go!!

Mike- I was given my job offer for Infantry (PPCLI, NCM) 2 days ago. I was given that job offer only 2 days after being merit listed, so if you did well in your testing you could potentially be getting a call soon. Hit me up with a PM if you do, as you could potentially be on the same course as me (Nov & BMQ St Jean).

So to contribute something to this thread, and this is only from my experience, job offers for infantry after merit listing seem to be quickly forthcoming. Best of luck to you guys.

my testing went excellent. i was told that i was an above average applicant............hope i'm in the same boat as you my friend!!

I know a guy who submitted application.  Passed  exercise test. Passed aptitude.  Submitted references. Failed medical for eyesight. Stop. Do not pass Go.  Saved 6 months.  Got laser surgery.  Wait 6 months. Begin again. Passed physical test easily. Passed aptitude test easily.  Now passed medical. Submitted references. Submitted transcript  of Univ.  Stop again. Univ outside of Canada, Need security clearance. Wait 14 months. Cleared. Go? No! Physical, aptititude and references now out of date.  Ask references for more letters. Retake physical for third time. Retake Aptitude test. Pass everything. Get offer. Go to St. Jean. Total time from initial application to start: 3+years.

there asking about the merit listing to bmq, not the total application time, we all know that can be insane.

My husband finished his fit test on August 11th, had to fax them some stuff etc... He got the call on September 13 and leaves for basic end of this month.

He does not have his diploma.. Grade 10.  He was assesed as "Competitive" but not highly competitve.

goodluck.gif

As for RCR over PPCLI, Couldn;t tell ya foresure but from what I have heard, they take it into consideration and then give you whatever they are going to give you.  You will still be considered for PPCLI.  You have only given your preference.

cheers.gif

GregC said:
Mike- I was given my job offer for Infantry (PPCLI, NCM) 2 days ago. I was given that job offer only 2 days after being merit listed, so if you did well in your testing you could potentially be getting a call soon. Hit me up with a PM if you do, as you could potentially be on the same course as me (Nov & BMQ St Jean).

So to contribute something to this thread, and this is only from my experience, job offers for infantry after merit listing seem to be quickly forthcoming. Best of luck to you guys.

There's a november BMQ for reserves?

My wait time from  going to the recruiting office to being course loaded was 10 days (  although my course started  2 months  later)  I walked in, scored very high  on all aspects  and asked the recruiter,  what trades are you looking for right now, that can get me in yesterday.    3 years  later, I left the infantry  for a log trade.

4 days after my interview in Edmonton Recruiting Center, I got my job offer for PPCLI.

Well Ive finished my Interview and PT test today. No problems at all. I'm suitable for the CF. There is a reserve basic Oct 14 that I will probably be gettin on. No guarantees though. The 41 brigade group is pushing to get me slotted on this date.

I will be going to 15 Service Battalion.

Back