• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vote Tomorrow!

Bruce Monkhouse

Pinball Dude
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
Well its election eve and I just wanted to say to every eligible voter to go out and vote. YOU owe it to yourself, your fellow Canadians and most importantly to those who have put their lives on the line so you could have that right. There are millions of people in the world today who would sacrifice everything to have the voting rights many of us take for granted.      VOTE!
One of my favourite sayings over the years is if you didn't vote then you forfeit the right to criticize for 4 more years.    VOTE!
BRUCE

Well, I went and voted an hour ago.  The importance of democracy sure hits you when your sitting there, pencil in hand, scanning the ballot.  The fact that I am able to participate in a free and fair election is hard proof that we are doing our job right in the CF.  As well, there were 7 candidates in my small town riding: Liberal, Conservative, NDP, Green, Marxist-Leninist, Canadian Action, and an Independent, so it is good to see democracy is alive and well.

My thought this morning approaching the polls was that despite what all the polls say, this one is up in the air until the votes are in.  The way the first-past-the-post system works ensures that a tie in support at 35% between the Liberals and the Conservatives means nothing.  It all depends on whether you have enough support to win the seats (ie 1997: PC 20% support - 20 seats, Reform 20% support - 60 seats).  So, considering the meltdown in Quebec and Ontario, this should be a close one all the way to the final tally in BC.

And it's so fast to vote..   This morning, I thought it would take me 45 minutes (15 minutes to walk there, 15 min to vote, 15 min to come back). Holy molly, it took me 15 in all..   I was like 3 minutes in total in the building..

It's so easy and so fast, the excuse "I don't have the time to vote" should never be used.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
If you didn't vote then you forfeit the right to criticize for 4 more years.
BRUCE

I love that saying!!   :D

There's still time to vote, go NOW

Frank in Vancouver said:
There's still time to vote, go NOW
Not in all provinces.

Atlantic results are starting to show on CBC & Global.

Liberals 10 seats
Conservatives 7

I voted.

Conservative.  And I converted a young hippy neighbour on the walk over to City Hall to boot!!!!

Matthew.  ;D

I voted on June 11.  I feel like I'm missing out on something today.

McG said:
Not in all provinces.

Atlantic results are starting to show on CBC & Global.

Liberals 10 seats
Conservatives 7

Oups, I forgot there's a time zone after EST..  ::) 

Well, for the others, go vote if the office is still open!  ;D

Ghost778 said:
Looks like the librals are winning.
Way to go Canada
Don't expect Atlantic Canada results to reflect the rest of the country.

Its was clear the majority of Atlantic Canada would be voting for anyone but the Conservatives, but like the above poster said, doesn't say anything about how mid and western Canada will vote.

I think the black-out was lifted because people were getting around it on the internet last election.

Michael Dorosh said:
Why are they showing election results before the polls are closed?   Seems stupid to me.

The polls are closed here, in Atlantic Canada, Ontario closes in 20 mins I think, we'll start to see them roll in then.

Mr. Dorosh,
The blackout was lifted because of a court challenge by someone in BC. Yet another case of our APPOINTED judges overiding the laws of our ELECTED officials. :mg:

Hey who wants to see my impersonation of Ken Brockman when he thinks the green slimy aliens are taking over springfield?

Yay librals, i voted you, im glad your in. I never doubted you for a minute.
*Runs and plants a Vote Libral! Sign in his front yard*

I hate the People around here, I am looking at the local results, and all of the MPs Elected around here are LIBERAL!!!!

Damn you Lynn Myers *Shakes Fist*

Ghost778 said:
Hey who wants to see my impersonation of Ken Brockman when he thinks the green slimy aliens are taking over springfield?

Yay librals, i voted you, im glad your in. I never doubted you for a minute.
*Runs and plants a Vote Libral! Sign in his front yard*

No!

It was the Ants!

"I for one welcome our new Ant overlords. Long live the Ants!"

Seriously though. GAH. At least my riding stayed Conservative.

Back